I asked the officer this question and he avoided an answer. Any idea?
One problem:
The town of his birth is mispelled by one letter. The affivadit also says he was born under his Italian name.
Thank you.
PS: His birth was also registered in Italy in his comune.
Do Italian consulates accept Birth Affivadits?
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: Birth Affidavit and No Naturalization record from DC
Hi Drovedo--
Please post what happens at the consulate. My father was born in the US but has no civil birth certificate. Nevertheless, he had a US passport--based on birth affidavit of his older brother. Like you, I have sent for the passport file.
I am very interested to know if the Consulate will accept this instead of a civil birth certificate. Many thanks, Peggy M
Please post what happens at the consulate. My father was born in the US but has no civil birth certificate. Nevertheless, he had a US passport--based on birth affidavit of his older brother. Like you, I have sent for the passport file.
I am very interested to know if the Consulate will accept this instead of a civil birth certificate. Many thanks, Peggy M
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Re: Do Italian consulates accept Birth Affivadits?
I will.
****
Got baptismal record that is Correct!
****
Got baptismal record that is Correct!
