Famiglia Lanzi

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

yes , but how can I find a person if I want?? there would be , i mean.. In america generally is it possible to change own name easily?? for example if my name is Antonio , if I would like to change to Anhony .. is it easy?? Is ti recommended??

Antonio
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by suanj »

in the past time was very easy, also for the surname, now I don't know, however Violet and Viola is the same... ciao, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

Going around the searching of my family in Amercia.. I got to a possible

Viola or Violet Ludovici (nee Lanzi) . I've found her on Ancestry.com in a tree family listed by someone who the site want to be paid to be able to write to.. ;-)
This Violetdied on 2001 Jan 2nd.. How could I have some information on her about birth , parents or family?? Preferibly her children , His late husband is taken for grant...

Indeed, who can give me infromazion about a certain Peter Lanzi born on 1923 Feb 24th and died on 1996 Sep 7th In Ohio??
Thanks..
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by wldspirit »

This may not be related........but it does contain the name of Viola Lanzi...

Gloria Anderson
05/02/2006
Kearney resident, 80

KEARNEY — Gloria Rita Anderson, 80, of Kearney died Monday, May 1, 2006, at Mount Carmel Home.


Services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Alma with the Rev. John Birkel officiating. Rosary will be at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the church. Burial will be at St. Joseph’s Catholic Cemetery in Alma.

Visitation will be until 9 p.m. today, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday and from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Banta-Torrey Funeral Home in Alma.

She was born June 19, 1925, in Providence, R.I., to John and Lucia Ricci.

On June 5, 1945, she married Donald Anderson. He died Oct. 18, 1990.

She was baptized as an infant and was confirmed in the Catholic faith in Providence, where she also attended school.

During World War II, she repaired battle-damaged aircraft at the Providence Naval Air Station.

Her family lived in Rhode Island, Kansas, Nebraska and California.

Her son, Donald, was killed in Vietnam in 1966.

She and her husband moved to Alma in 1967 and to Kearney in 1989. She had been a resident of Mount Carmel since April 2004.

She was a former member of St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Alma and was a member of St. James Catholic Church in Kearney at the time of her death.

In addition to her son and husband, she was preceded in death by her father in 1925; her mother in 1950; grandchildren, Chad Anderson and Dawn Dining; sisters, Viola Lanzi and Evelyn Childress; and brothers, George Ricci, Charles Ricci, Michael Ricci, Johnny Ricci, Henry Ricci and baby Ricci.

wldspirit :?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by wldspirit »

Are you sure Viola is a daughter.......not a daughter in law??
wldspirit
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

I don't think she could be the right Viola Wldspirit ... The surname Lanzi and Childress should be the surname of the sisters' husbands .Then they are supposed to have the names Viola Ricci and Evelyn Ricci.. whereas the Viola I'm searching has or had her surname "lanzi" before getting married... Her parents were Salvatore Lanzi and Maddalena Simonetti.

And she had a brother whose name was Peter.. I've just found only one Peter that could have features matching possible features acording to a brother of Viola.. I 'd remind that the parents go married in 1920 , the Viola of Pennsylvania was born in 1926, and his brother should have been a little bit older... then 1923 is a possible birth year... If someone could find something on that Peter lived and died in Ohio... I could have some clues more..

Thx a lot

Antonio
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by wldspirit »

Connecting Peter with Viola/Violet has proven the challenge......

Here is the record of Peter:

Social Security Death Index
about Peter C. Lanzi
Name: Peter C. Lanzi
SSN: 284-14-8983
Last Residence: 92506 Riverside, Riverside, California, United States of America
Born: 24 Feb 1923
Died: 7 Sep 1996
State (Year) SSN issued: Ohio (Before 1951 )

He lived in Ohio at the time the Social Security card was issued, but this Peter died in California........
wldspirit
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

Excuse me Wldspirit.. In US is it hard to get death certificates in case of request?? If I wanted to have a certificate of that Peter is it a big task?? :-o

Antonio
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by wldspirit »

No.....not difficile.......further info:

California Death Index, 1940-1997
about PETER CHARLES LANZI
Name: LANZI, PETER CHARLES
Social Security #:
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 24 Feb 1923
Birthplace: OHIO
Death Date: 7 Sep 1996
Death Place: RIVERSIDE
Mother's Maiden Name: TUCCIARONE
Father's Surname:

wldspirit
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

and then that Peter is not the Peter in connection with my family .. Tucciarone is the maiden name of the mother and it should be Simonetti. :-(
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

Excuse me. Who is able to find the obit or the death of Maddalena (or madeline) Lanzi (nee Simonetti) or the obit of Salvatore Lanzi (dead 1963 Sep 7th)???
for Maddalen I don't know the death date..
From the obit someone told me it could say to me the elements of the family..
thanks

Antonio
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by wldspirit »

Suanj........maybe there is finally some clue to the family of Antonio.....
see his other post........
Hugs,
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

I hope so .. thanks for the information you are able to give me.. ;-) I hope Ernie can enlight me about the american part of my family.. ;-)
User avatar
alany
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by alany »

Ihope to be near what I'm searching.. Ernie should send me his private emailbox in order to chat a little.. ;-) I hope to get definitive information about what the brother of my grandfather would have done after his left from the city of Guarcino for an emigration toward the american dream... ;-)

Antonio
User avatar
ginac
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: 29 Dec 2006, 00:00
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Famiglia Lanzi

Post by ginac »

This is an old post and you may not find it but here goes anyway:
The Viola(Violet) that you are speaking of that married John Ludovici was my Aunt and her father is Eugene Lanzi - not Salvatore although they are probably cousins or something. Eugene's father is Cesare Lanzi and I have no info on his parents and siblings. If the trees end up connecting let me know and I'll fill you in on my branches!
Post Reply