
Does Intention and Petition = Naturalization? I am assuming that the document I need is the Certificate of Naturalization, but I unsure if I get that from NARA, the NY Courts or USCIS.
I am trying to attempt linkage to my grandfather who was born in Italy in 1902 on on my mother's side.
He came to the US with his father in 1908, was an alien in the 1920 census and filed for Intention and Petition in 1927. My grandmother non-Italian and grandfather were common law married, stated on my grandmothers death certificate. My mother was born in 1949 and was adopted upon my grandmothers death in 1952.
To qualify for Italian citizenship, would the following work?
1.)Certificate of Naturalization dated after my mothers birth or None Found.
2.) Grandfathers Birth Certificate (Italian) and Death Certificate (USA).
3.) Grandmothers Death Certificate which states common law marriage.
4.) My Mother's original Birth Certificate as well as adoptive.
5.) My Mother and Father's marriage Certificate.
6.) My Birth Certificate.
Thanks,
Christopher


