So close now, just need Birth Certificate

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate

Post by suanj »

in the 1883 some Giallorenzo in Manhattan coming from San Pietro Al Tanagro, Salerno, Italy; in this town also it are the surnames: Cestaro/Cestari, Dallago/Dallari .... maybe can help...

also, because Pietro married in the 01 SEP 1879 Manhattan, New York, New York
maybe him immigration year must be abt 1 year before.. almost.....


Pietro Giallorenzo Pedigree
Male Family


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: , , Italy

Christening:
Death:
Burial:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: Calvatora Giallorenzo Family ( Salvatore Giallorenzo)
Mother: Faliciando Dallace ( Felicina/ Felicianna Dallago/Dallari???)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: Frascina Cactaro Family ( Teresina Cestaro)
Marriage: 01 SEP 1879 Manhattan, New York, New York

they must be in 1880 census of Manhattan
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
jevans
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 00:00

Re: So close now, just need Birth Certificate

Post by jevans »

Thanks Elizabeth!!!!! That was just what I was looking for, you are a genius! :) I just wrote out a letter to Salerno asking for the birth certificate. Hopefully they'll get back to me and I'll be all set!

What interesting history... I wonder how far back I can go.

James

PS. Thanks suanj too! I have that marriage certificate here as I recently received it from NYC. Some of the names are spelled so incorrect on it that I will probably have to get it amended, but I will wait for the birth certificates to come first.
Post Reply