Can I just add here that its not only the amount of posts but the quality of posts that builds the rank. Edmondo has been known to use his discretion where this is concerned.vj wrote:
btw - the more you post the sooner you
get to be a 'Master'
Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
- bevilacqua
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Guys - thanks for all the great leads. Valarie-you have the right Bevilacqua on the 1030 census with Tomasi (my grandmother's maiden name)
The 1920 census is right too - my dad's oldest sisters name is Genevieve and the first name on the next page is Alice - also a sister to my dad.
Elizabeth - I don't know my grandfather's fullname or any of his brothers or sisters. I do know that he was born 8 Sept 1887 and died May 1967 in Iron Mountain.
I am going to Michigan on Wednesday and then hope to find out more details.
Thanks everyone!!
Cheri
The 1920 census is right too - my dad's oldest sisters name is Genevieve and the first name on the next page is Alice - also a sister to my dad.
Elizabeth - I don't know my grandfather's fullname or any of his brothers or sisters. I do know that he was born 8 Sept 1887 and died May 1967 in Iron Mountain.
I am going to Michigan on Wednesday and then hope to find out more details.
Thanks everyone!!
Cheri
- bevilacqua
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Guys - on my post I meant the 1930 census not the 1030. Oops!
Cheri
Cheri
- bevilacqua
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Everyone,
I am back from my trip to Iron Mountain. VJ - some of the census that you found are correct!!
Angelo and all his siblings were born in Italy - not sure of the city name. His father's name was Joseph and his mothers name was Genieve (not sure of the spelling) her maiden name was Marchetti. They came to the US first - not sure when and who they came to see/be with. they eventually went back. Angelo had one brother - Carlo who came here and later went back. Angelo had 5 sisters: Alice who came here but went back. Josephine who came here and married John Pesavento. Louise not sure if she ever came over or not. Lucia who came to Iron Mountain and married August Priante. Marie who never came here.
Angelo married Romona Tomasi on 2/12/16. Romona's parents were Jackie (Bartlomeolli) and John Tomasi who were both born in Austria. Romona had 3 brothers: Matt, James, and Samuel. Two sisters: Emma and a sister who died as an infant that had the same name as her - Romona.
VJ - you were correct on the 1910 census in Iron Mountain on the Beve Lacqua. That is how the name is pronounced if said correctly - almost like it is two words. The census taker must have mis-understood the name and thought that Beve was the first name. The is Angelo's father Joseph. Great find - I would have never looked at that one!!!!
The family also does not think that Angelo came through Ellis Island - they think maybe Boston. I have not been able to access any websites that have passenger lists from Boston. Does anyone know where to look for that?
I was also able to get pictures of the great-grandparents. I am so thrilled with all the things that I found out. My dad's oldest sister was a great help - her mind is still very sharp and she will be 91 this month. I'm glad that I made the effort to talk to her before it was too late!!
Thanks everyone!
Cheri
I am back from my trip to Iron Mountain. VJ - some of the census that you found are correct!!
Angelo and all his siblings were born in Italy - not sure of the city name. His father's name was Joseph and his mothers name was Genieve (not sure of the spelling) her maiden name was Marchetti. They came to the US first - not sure when and who they came to see/be with. they eventually went back. Angelo had one brother - Carlo who came here and later went back. Angelo had 5 sisters: Alice who came here but went back. Josephine who came here and married John Pesavento. Louise not sure if she ever came over or not. Lucia who came to Iron Mountain and married August Priante. Marie who never came here.
Angelo married Romona Tomasi on 2/12/16. Romona's parents were Jackie (Bartlomeolli) and John Tomasi who were both born in Austria. Romona had 3 brothers: Matt, James, and Samuel. Two sisters: Emma and a sister who died as an infant that had the same name as her - Romona.
VJ - you were correct on the 1910 census in Iron Mountain on the Beve Lacqua. That is how the name is pronounced if said correctly - almost like it is two words. The census taker must have mis-understood the name and thought that Beve was the first name. The is Angelo's father Joseph. Great find - I would have never looked at that one!!!!
The family also does not think that Angelo came through Ellis Island - they think maybe Boston. I have not been able to access any websites that have passenger lists from Boston. Does anyone know where to look for that?
I was also able to get pictures of the great-grandparents. I am so thrilled with all the things that I found out. My dad's oldest sister was a great help - her mind is still very sharp and she will be 91 this month. I'm glad that I made the effort to talk to her before it was too late!!
Thanks everyone!
Cheri
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
The family also does not think that Angelo came through Ellis Island
- they think maybe Boston.
I have not been able to access any websites that have passenger
lists from Boston.
Does anyone know where to look for that?
Yes, ancestry.com
Cheri, thanks for the terrific update!
It’s a good possibility that the 1903 manifest for Angelo (previous pg) is
correct since he was joining his father Giuseppe in MI & the town
in Italy appears to match his WWI card - Arzignano
Here are a couple of possibilities for his father Giuseppe
March 1900 manifest
Line 24
Giuseppe Bevilacqua 45 (abt 1854-1855)
- married
- last residence Arzignano?
- destination NJ? (ditto mark from line above - for Giuseppe Selmo?)
Note: name above his: Giuseppe Selmo is on the same census in
1900 living at the same address, this was his 2nd trip, 1st in 1897
Selmo is also a surname in Arzignano…
June 1900 census
Iron Mtn, Dickinson, MI
Line 3
Joseph Bev… 45
- born Jul 1854
- married 15 yrs (abt 1885)
- immig 1900
- they think maybe Boston.
I have not been able to access any websites that have passenger
lists from Boston.
Does anyone know where to look for that?
Yes, ancestry.com
Cheri, thanks for the terrific update!
It’s a good possibility that the 1903 manifest for Angelo (previous pg) is
correct since he was joining his father Giuseppe in MI & the town
in Italy appears to match his WWI card - Arzignano
Here are a couple of possibilities for his father Giuseppe
March 1900 manifest
Line 24
Giuseppe Bevilacqua 45 (abt 1854-1855)
- married
- last residence Arzignano?
- destination NJ? (ditto mark from line above - for Giuseppe Selmo?)
Note: name above his: Giuseppe Selmo is on the same census in
1900 living at the same address, this was his 2nd trip, 1st in 1897
Selmo is also a surname in Arzignano…
June 1900 census
Iron Mtn, Dickinson, MI
Line 3
Joseph Bev… 45
- born Jul 1854
- married 15 yrs (abt 1885)
- immig 1900
- bevilacqua
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Valarie - Angelo's father was Joseph - is that Giuseppe in Italian?
Thanks,
Cheri
Thanks,
Cheri
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hey Cheri!
Yes, Joseph is the 'americanized' version
of Giuseppe.
Valarie
helpful link (with navigation bar in the right corner)
behind the name
Yes, Joseph is the 'americanized' version
of Giuseppe.
Valarie
helpful link (with navigation bar in the right corner)
behind the name
- bevilacqua
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Thanks for the quick reply Valarie!!
Cheri
Cheri
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
I am the grand daughter of Giuseppa Bevilacqua, cited earlier as a likely sibling of Angelo Bevilacqua. Giuseppa passed away in 1940, and the family continued to reside in Buffalo, NY until the mid 1940's.
I have additional data on the family, through to their grandparents.
I have additional data on the family, through to their grandparents.
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Cheri,
I noticed there hasn't been any posts on this chain in quite awhile, so I'm not sure if you still use this site. My great-grandmother was Josephine Bevilacqua. This is the first time I've come across any information on her and her ancestry. Was there some place you found out all of this information in Iron Mountain or did you speak with a relative? I am new to researching my genealogy and am trying to figure out where to start!
Thank you.
Katie
I noticed there hasn't been any posts on this chain in quite awhile, so I'm not sure if you still use this site. My great-grandmother was Josephine Bevilacqua. This is the first time I've come across any information on her and her ancestry. Was there some place you found out all of this information in Iron Mountain or did you speak with a relative? I am new to researching my genealogy and am trying to figure out where to start!
Thank you.
Katie
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Katie, welcome to the Forum!calee3939 wrote:... I am new to researching my genealogy and am trying to figure out where to start!...
If you would like to start a new post with information about your family, we would be happy to help you with your search.
Valarie
- bevilacqua
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Katie,
I am orginially from Iron Mountain. Josephine's brother Angelo is my grandfather. My dad has passed away but some of his brothers and sisters still live in Iron Mountain and I am able to get information from them. I live about 130 miles south of there - and try to go home at least once a month to see my mom.
This is exciting - I hope it works out that we are cousins - and I can help you with more information.
Does the information I already posted here match what you have? Looking forward to talking to you!
Cheri
I am orginially from Iron Mountain. Josephine's brother Angelo is my grandfather. My dad has passed away but some of his brothers and sisters still live in Iron Mountain and I am able to get information from them. I live about 130 miles south of there - and try to go home at least once a month to see my mom.
This is exciting - I hope it works out that we are cousins - and I can help you with more information.
Does the information I already posted here match what you have? Looking forward to talking to you!
Cheri
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Cheri,
Thank you for responding! I do think your information matches up with what I have, but what I have is very minimal. My grandfather, Domenic (Mickey for short) Pesavento, was the son of John Pesavento and Josephine Bevilacqua. He was born and grew up in Iron Mountain. On the 1930 census, I saw that Josephine emigrated from Italy. This pretty much sums up all the information I have. My grandfather wasn't close to his family, and I never met any of his relatives. Do you think we are cousins??
Katie
Thank you for responding! I do think your information matches up with what I have, but what I have is very minimal. My grandfather, Domenic (Mickey for short) Pesavento, was the son of John Pesavento and Josephine Bevilacqua. He was born and grew up in Iron Mountain. On the 1930 census, I saw that Josephine emigrated from Italy. This pretty much sums up all the information I have. My grandfather wasn't close to his family, and I never met any of his relatives. Do you think we are cousins??
Katie
- bevilacqua
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 00:00
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Hi Katie,
I believe that we are cousins!! This is so cool! I would be happy to give you more information - I think there is a private room that we can do that it.
Valarie - I think you monitor the emails on this site - can you tell us how we would go about having a private conversation?
Katie - looking forward to talking to you more!!
Cheri
I believe that we are cousins!! This is so cool! I would be happy to give you more information - I think there is a private room that we can do that it.
Valarie - I think you monitor the emails on this site - can you tell us how we would go about having a private conversation?
Katie - looking forward to talking to you more!!
Cheri
Re: Looking for info on Angelo Bevilacqua/Grotte Sicily
Happy to help - look at the bottom of your posts, you should see a 'PM' button next to your names. Click it to send a private email to that person, hosted on this site. At the top of the page, if you look to the right side of the screen under 'User Info' you'll see your 'Inbox'bevilacqua wrote:... can you tell us how we would go about having a private conversation? ...
Valarie


