FOIA question
- gennattasio
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00
FOIA question
Will they do a search without a death date or death certificate?
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: FOIA question
Yes, if the date of birth of the person in question is more than 100 years ago. I expect that without a death cert you'd probably have to provide some proof of birth date though I don't know this for a fact. Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
Re: FOIA question
It says they will accept a obit notice from the newspaper, also if you look at the social security web site you can get proof of death.
- gennattasio
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00
Re: FOIA question
I have a copy of the birth announcement from Italy with the exact date of birth but as I posted before I cannot find a death cert and there is no ssdi record. Will they do the search with no death record?
-
peggymckee
- Elite

- Posts: 264
- Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00
Re: FOIA question
If the date of birth is more than 100 years ago then Yes, otherwise no, unless you can give evidence that the person is dead.
BTW, how to do you s/he is dead, since you have no record? Peg
BTW, how to do you s/he is dead, since you have no record? Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
- gennattasio
- Veteran

- Posts: 115
- Joined: 24 Aug 2007, 00:00
Re: FOIA question
He was born in 1860. That's well over 100 years, thanks.