I am seeking to become an Italian citizen, as is my daughter who is in Florence presently. I'm in Connecticut
My maternal grandfather was born in Monteiasi, Toranto.
My mother was born before he became a naturalized U.S. citizen.
I am waiting for his birth certificate, but I am not sure where in Italy he died.
Do I need the death certificate? What if he was still alive? I don't understand.
I have my birth certificate as well as my daughter's. (She is 23 years old)
I have my parent's marriage certificate as well as mine.
My mother's birth certificate from Pennsylvania, but they spelled her first and last name wrong. real name Rita Barbiere. they spelled it Reta Barbiers.
I am working on my grandparent's marriage certificate from Pennsylvannia
His name was Salatore Barbiere
Am I on track? Please address the death certificate question.
Thanks, lance
documents needed for Italian citizenship?
Re: documents needed for Italian citizenship?
Hi,
The death certificate can be a problem to find if you don't know which comune where he died. He could it don't have to be the same one where he lived.... someone else will have to address this one.
The spelling can be handeld in two ways 1) easy a affidavate that this is the same person or 2)if they won't take that you will have to ammend the certificate, no big deal but takes some time.
good luick
The death certificate can be a problem to find if you don't know which comune where he died. He could it don't have to be the same one where he lived.... someone else will have to address this one.
The spelling can be handeld in two ways 1) easy a affidavate that this is the same person or 2)if they won't take that you will have to ammend the certificate, no big deal but takes some time.
good luick
Re: documents needed for Italian citizenship?
Hi,
The death certificate can be a problem to find if you don't know which comune where he died. He could it don't have to be the same one where he lived.... someone else will have to address this one.
The spelling can be handeld in two ways 1) easy a affidavate that this is the same person or 2)if they won't take that you will have to ammend the certificate, no big deal but takes some time.
good luick
The death certificate can be a problem to find if you don't know which comune where he died. He could it don't have to be the same one where he lived.... someone else will have to address this one.
The spelling can be handeld in two ways 1) easy a affidavate that this is the same person or 2)if they won't take that you will have to ammend the certificate, no big deal but takes some time.
good luick
Re: documents needed for Italian citizenship?
thank you, Corrado. I want to have everything in order when I approach the consulate in N.Y. Would rather do it only once if it can be helped.
lance
lance

