Send money with request for birth certificate?

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
User avatar
cavallaro8
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Nov 2007, 18:03

Send money with request for birth certificate?

Post by cavallaro8 »

I am ready to send a request for my father's birth certificate to the Commune di Messina. I am sending 2 International reply coupons but I don' know whether to send any money (how much or in what form i.e. cash denominated in Euro's)
peggymckee
Elite
Elite
Posts: 264
Joined: 22 Jun 2007, 00:00

Re: Send money with request for birth certificate?

Post by peggymckee »

I sent no money or IRCs and received BCs & MCs from 2 different comunes, both in less than 1 month. Personally, I would not send either money or IRCs unless specifically requested. Why not include your Email address, and then the comune can Email you if they need anything.

I got an Email from on comune confirming that my documents were on their way--via airmail. Neither comune wanted money or IRCs.

All the best, Peg
Surnames: Bertellotti - Ridolfi - Marchi
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: Send money with request for birth certificate?

Post by Emmy »

I sent 2 International Reply Coupons with a request for a birth act and they were returned to me saying they couldn't be used - I was still sent the birth act.
Emmy
Gildone
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 41
Joined: 15 Dec 2006, 00:00

Re: Send money with request for birth certificate?

Post by Gildone »

I included my e-mail address when requesting birth certs. I ordered them from the comune and from the Archivio di Stato in the provincial capital. If I recall correctly, the Archivio di Stato wanted money but not the comune. As it turns out, the Detroit Consulate wanted the copy from the Archivio di Stato anyway.
Post Reply