I'm searching Basso Petti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by suanj »

the WWI draft registration card is right... but because we cannot find other records, thinking a mistaken name.. the above mentioned is probable as first name... birthyear... just a suggestion... maybe we can find more next time.. regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
daveferro
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: Auburn, New York
Contact:

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by daveferro »

Thank you, Suanj

I know he will be found; with all the good people here it's a matter of short time.

Dave

I sent your website address to an artist friend
Ferro (from Ferri), Capriotti(TE); De(i)Marzio, Nervina(o), Colucci, Gatto, Testa(CB); Basile(BA) ; Bianchi(AQ); Augello, Bissi, Iacono(AG); Pisano(), Impaglia () Friends looking also: Vivenzio (SA); LoPiccolo(PA)-seems to be Lopicolo originally
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by suanj »

thanks Dave!
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
Lost_in_the_Genealogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Italy

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by Lost_in_the_Genealogy »

I’VE FOUND HIM!!!

I’m grateful to all the member and the owners of this forum.
A special thank to:
Suanj for help in the Italian search. She said me WHERE to search.
Vj for the finding of the draft card of my ancestor.
Daveferro for the information about Wayne Wheel Works and the excluding of the mine accident.

A little summary for whose interested
My Great-Grandfather leave his city (Termoli, CB, Italy), his wife and his two years old child in the December 1912 to find a better life in the U.S. and to economically sustain his family.
He went in New York City (New York Passenger List and Special Inquiry) and he worked in New York State for some years.
In the 1917 he was in Newark, Wayne, NY where he worked as labourer in Wayne Wheel Works .
In November 1th 1919 at 07,30 AM he died, for an accidental explosion, maybe in the same Wayne Wheel Works
He was buried in Newark.

The key information were detained in the archives in Termoli. They are in a death record. It’s practically a translation of the original death record written in Newark in the 1919.
There were three great difficulties to find the Italian death record . The first was there where some errors in the document. For example for the Italian law Basso Petti born in 11/17/1885 is not Basso Petti born in 12/16/1884 (wrong date). The identify of the exact record and its right understanding is possible with the WWI Draft Card found by Vj
In Termoli the old archives are not digitalized or microfilmed. So every search is manual and hard. This was the second difficulty.
Overall, as third trouble, the document was recorded very late: in the 1930, 11 years after the death. So the file was in the books of 1930 not in them of 1919, the real year. Thanks to Suanj I’ve found it
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by vj »

Giovanni,
Congratulations, it's wonderful that you
found your Basso Petti!
(congratulations to suanj :wink: too!)
Thank you so much for updating us :D .
Valarie
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by suanj »

Lost_in_the_Genealogy wrote:I’VE FOUND HIM!!!

I’m grateful to all the member and the owners of this forum.
A special thank to:
Suanj for help in the Italian search. She said me WHERE to search.
Vj for the finding of the draft card of my ancestor.
Daveferro for the information about Wayne Wheel Works and the excluding of the mine accident.

A little summary for whose interested
My Great-Grandfather leave his city (Termoli, CB, Italy), his wife and his two years old child in the December 1912 to find a better life in the U.S. and to economically sustain his family.
He went in New York City (New York Passenger List and Special Inquiry) and he worked in New York State for some years.
In the 1917 he was in Newark, Wayne, NY where he worked as labourer in Wayne Wheel Works .
In November 1th 1919 at 07,30 AM he died, for an accidental explosion, maybe in the same Wayne Wheel Works
He was buried in Newark.

The key information were detained in the archives in Termoli. They are in a death record. It’s practically a translation of the original death record written in Newark in the 1919.
There were three great difficulties to find the Italian death record . The first was there where some errors in the document. For example for the Italian law Basso Petti born in 11/17/1885 is not Basso Petti born in 12/16/1884 (wrong date). The identify of the exact record and its right understanding is possible with the WWI Draft Card found by Vj
In Termoli the old archives are not digitalized or microfilmed. So every search is manual and hard. This was the second difficulty.
Overall, as third trouble, the document was recorded very late: in the 1930, 11 years after the death. So the file was in the books of 1930 not in them of 1919, the real year. Thanks to Suanj I’ve found it
Dear Giovanni your persistence having success.... now, maybe some member here can help for finding the article of some Newark press in november 1919 and also for to find the right cemetery and where write for infos... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by suanj »

it seem that , maybe the article cold be here:
Newark Union Gazette 1907-1935
http://www.co.wayne.ny.us/Departments/h ... OfInfo.pdf
as to find it?
here:
Office of the County Historian, Wayne County, New York
Web: www.co.wayne.ny.us Email: Historian@co.wayne.ny.us
9 Pearl Street, PO Box 131, Lyons NY 14489-0131
Phone 315 946-5470 Fax 315 946-5460

?
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
daveferro
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jun 2006, 00:00
Location: Auburn, New York
Contact:

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by daveferro »

This is a site that has many upstate NY newspapers that are searchable. Mrs. Gilmore at the Seymour Library History Room told me about Tom Tryniski, who was scanning the bound newspapers there. He prefers that sites use the opening link, which has a movie running in an oval (this time: Amos and Andy). Click Enter to get to the search page, wlhich also has a chat/video frame and link to Fulton NY photos. You can listen to an old radio program while you search (tonight: The Shadow).

Old Fulton Opening Page

To go directly to the search page, use:

Old Fulton Search Page

The dates are 1832 to 1995 and added to every Saturday. I have searched this for Basso Petti, but did not find anything yet. I might not be searching in the proper way.

There are some problems with the search date gadget (it goes from 1990 to 2012, rather than to the past) and I have e-mailed him about this.

If you click on FAQ_HELP_INDEX, a scrollable help file will appear in the right pane. Note that there is a link to see a thumb index of the papers available. He says you can browse this way. Note that there are papers from Wayne County that suanj found.

I have found many articles about family members and local historical characters here, such as Seward or Harriet Tubman. Also the graphics are fun, like the Webcrawler.

Dave
Ferro (from Ferri), Capriotti(TE); De(i)Marzio, Nervina(o), Colucci, Gatto, Testa(CB); Basile(BA) ; Bianchi(AQ); Augello, Bissi, Iacono(AG); Pisano(), Impaglia () Friends looking also: Vivenzio (SA); LoPiccolo(PA)-seems to be Lopicolo originally
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by suanj »

thanks Dave... the link is wonderful ..me too no found ...
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
gabybasso
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Feb 2007, 00:00

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by gabybasso »

My name is Gabriela Basso and I'm searching my grandfather his name was BERNARDO BASSO born in 1855 italian his parents was Giusseppe Basso and Angela Oberta/o. He married with Paulina Pesce in argentine (10.07.1887) and he died to 22.08.1906. I don't know province-comune for search birth act .

thank you.
Gabriela Basso
User avatar
Lost_in_the_Genealogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Italy

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by Lost_in_the_Genealogy »

gabybasso wrote:My name is Gabriela Basso and I'm searching my grandfather his name was BERNARDO BASSO born in 1855 italian his parents was Giusseppe Basso and Angela Oberta/o. He married with Paulina Pesce in argentine (10.07.1887) and he died to 22.08.1906. I don't know province-comune for search birth act .

thank you.
Gabriela Basso
I'm sorry, but I can't help you. First name of my anchestor is Basso. It's very different from LAST name Basso.
Bye
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by misbris »

Maybe Gaby can repost this as a new thread so that people can see her post and respond to it.
User avatar
Lost_in_the_Genealogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Italy

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by Lost_in_the_Genealogy »

misbris wrote:Maybe Gaby can repost this as a new thread so that people can see her post and respond to it.
Good idea
User avatar
Lost_in_the_Genealogy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Italy

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by Lost_in_the_Genealogy »

Suanj found the cemetery and the area where is buried my achestor.
He is in the "Free field" of the main cemetery of Newark. His grave is without stone. So we can't know the exact lot. In the Free field there are 15 persons buried in 1919 without stone. Basso is surely in one of this 15 graves.
Someone knows how can I find the exact grave?
User avatar
misbris
Master
Master
Posts: 2258
Joined: 14 Jan 2007, 00:00
Location: NJ

Re: I'm searching Basso Petti

Post by misbris »

I don't know if this will work for you. When I called a cemetery to check on a gravesite, I was told that many graves have no stone, but the cemetery records there indicate the plot numbers. I was told that some one would take me right to the plot, even though there may be no indication of who is buried there.

I know you are in Italy and can't make a trip to the cemetery, but perhaps you can write, email, or call the cemetery and find out if their records indicate a specific plot number for Basso Petti.
Hope this helps.
Post Reply