My grandfather was born in italy, the commune of treia in macerata of marche
he was born in 1911 but moved to argentina in 1929 I'm not sure if he became argentine citizen, would I still be able to claim italian citizenship?
thanks.
italian citizenship
- ChrisMosca
- Elite

- Posts: 390
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 14:13
italian citizenship
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
- davidlatour
- Rookie

- Posts: 75
- Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 21:21
Re: italian citizenship
You need to find out if he became an Argentine citizen before your parent was born. If he did, then that would make you ineligible. If he was still an Italian citizen at the time of your parents birth I believe you are eligible.
Surnames: Campaniello - Ferraro - Paliano - Basile - Benvenuto - Rigieri
Re: italian citizenship
It also depends upon whether or not it's your maternal or paternal line. If it's your maternal grandfather, then the January 1, 1948 rule will come into play for you.