Hi I am trying to help my Brother in law research his genealogy....The surname is Verdone and he says that the family came from a town around Naples....My own preliminary research on the Ellis Island website led me to some Verdone coming from a town called Miguano.....Is that near Naples ?....If anyone is also researching this surname or town , any information that you could provide would be Appreciate !....
Thank You ,
Tony Di Nobile
Miguano....
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Miguano....
The closest one appears to be Mugnano di Napoli, Postale 80018. =peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Miguano....
To research whether anyone has already conducted or is inthe process of conducting research on the surname VERDONE go to www.google,.com and insert in the title VERDONE SURNAME GENEALOGY for any such research. =Peter=
- TonyDiNobile
- Rookie

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 27 May 2004, 00:00
Re: Miguano....
Thanks Peter !....I will try your suggestions.......
....
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Miguano....
There are 2 other towns that appear to have similar names but are not in the province of Napoli. The other towns are Omignano, Postale 84060 in the province of Salerno and Mignano monte Lungo, Postale 81049 in the province of Caserta. I felt that you should have this additional information since they are all adjoining provinces in the Campania region =Peter=
Re: Miguano....
Tony,
If you are still out there I believe the Verdone family your brother-in-law seeks may be mine.
Jeff
If you are still out there I believe the Verdone family your brother-in-law seeks may be mine.
Jeff
