Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
I think that is a painted studio backdrop and isn't a real city.
Donna
Donna
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
yes, the background is really painted but i think maybe is the same city where they lived. The building on the background is similar to State House, Boston.
Thanks.
Vincenzo
Thanks.
Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Infatti Jacobucci è un cognome tipico del centro Italia che poi è diventato Iacobucci con l'abbandono della J...
bisogna cercare nel censimento del 1910, e vedere se oltre a Luigi c'è una Giuseppina Alongi .... ciao, suanj
bisogna cercare nel censimento del 1910, e vedere se oltre a Luigi c'è una Giuseppina Alongi .... ciao, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
- TonyDiNobile
- Rookie

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 27 May 2004, 00:00
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Hi Vincenzo....My Maternal Grand Mother's sister Filomena Rinaldi(1907-1977) married Michele Iacobucci(1906-1999) in Cleveland , Ohio in 1933....His Father was Urbano Iacobucci(1874-1955) and his Mother was Theresa Iacobucci(Puzzo)1867-1951)....I remember hearing that my Cleveland Iacobucci had relative in Chicago....Does this sound familiar ?....Might your Luigi and my Urbano be related ?....Also I notice that you are in Palermo , I know that the Iacobucci and Rinaldi surnames are found in Sicily , I was wondering if Di Nobile is as well ?....Regards ,
Tony Di Nobile
Tony Di Nobile
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Hi Tony,
have you seen the document that suanj have found (censiment 1920 and 1930)? Luigi iacobucci born in Italy 1881 and his wife 1890. Iacobucci is not a sicilian surname but is common in middle Italy. Rinaldi is common in Sicily. Luigi (or louis) married Giuseppina (or josephine) 1910 in chicago. thaey had 2 children: Gaetano (tom) born 1916, and Sofia(sophie) born 1914. It is possible for you check this information to have a connection to your relatives?
I'm editing a personal web site with all the genealogical informations i have about my family: i hope next weeks to end this job. I'll send a post to advertise this news.
Best regards and Happy new year !!
Vincenzo.
have you seen the document that suanj have found (censiment 1920 and 1930)? Luigi iacobucci born in Italy 1881 and his wife 1890. Iacobucci is not a sicilian surname but is common in middle Italy. Rinaldi is common in Sicily. Luigi (or louis) married Giuseppina (or josephine) 1910 in chicago. thaey had 2 children: Gaetano (tom) born 1916, and Sofia(sophie) born 1914. It is possible for you check this information to have a connection to your relatives?
I'm editing a personal web site with all the genealogical informations i have about my family: i hope next weeks to end this job. I'll send a post to advertise this news.
Best regards and Happy new year !!
Vincenzo.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Hi Tony,
have you seen the document that suanj have found (censiment 1920 and 1930)? Luigi iacobucci born in Italy 1881 and his wife 1890. Iacobucci is not a sicilian surname but is common in middle Italy. Rinaldi is common in Sicily. Luigi (or louis) married Giuseppina (or josephine) 1910 in chicago. thaey had 2 children: Gaetano (tom) born 1916, and Sofia(sophie) born 1914. It is possible for you check this information to have a connection to your relatives?
I'm editing a personal web site with all the genealogical informations i have about my family: i hope next weeks to end this job. I'll send a post to advertise this news.
Best regards and Happy new year !!
Vincenzo.
have you seen the document that suanj have found (censiment 1920 and 1930)? Luigi iacobucci born in Italy 1881 and his wife 1890. Iacobucci is not a sicilian surname but is common in middle Italy. Rinaldi is common in Sicily. Luigi (or louis) married Giuseppina (or josephine) 1910 in chicago. thaey had 2 children: Gaetano (tom) born 1916, and Sofia(sophie) born 1914. It is possible for you check this information to have a connection to your relatives?
I'm editing a personal web site with all the genealogical informations i have about my family: i hope next weeks to end this job. I'll send a post to advertise this news.
Best regards and Happy new year !!
Vincenzo.
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
The Italian surname dictionary states that Nobili and its variant Nobile are distributed thruout Italy but they are relatively few in numbers. Nobile and Nobili show up in Sicily as being 31 and 6 ,respectively but both are numbered as 200 each for all of Italy by the telephone directory Paginebianche.it. Thus it would appear that money goes to Nobile and di Nobile as it were in Sicily. =Peter=
- TonyDiNobile
- Rookie

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 27 May 2004, 00:00
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Vincenzo....Was Luigi Iacobucci born in Sicily ?....
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Hi Tony,
no, Luigi was born in middle Italy. i'm searching the place.
Best regards
Vincenzo
no, Luigi was born in middle Italy. i'm searching the place.
Best regards
Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
- TonyDiNobile
- Rookie

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 27 May 2004, 00:00
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Vincenzo....I found Luigi Iacobucci listed as arriving in 1904 at Ellis Island aboard the Citta di Torino out of Naples....His last place of residence is listed as Segni , which is a small town outside of Rome....He says he is headed to Chicago , Illnois to meet his brother Antonio....Does this sound familiar....My Iacobucci line came from Busso , Campobasso , Molise(Urbano Iacobucci(1874-1955)....They did have cousins in Chicago but I am not sure who they were....Segni might not of been Luigi's his hometown , only last place of residence....It might be possible that Luigi and Urbano were cousins.....
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Hi Tony,
i knew that manifest : but we don't know where he born. Suanj found Luigi Iacobucci's family in 2 censiment (1920 and 1930) and in his draft card(img147.imageshack.us/i...920uj1.jpg) but i don't know if they are the same person with Luigi arrived at ellis island in 1904. If you take a look at ellisisland (http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2715050571) you'll find at line 14 that my greatgrandfather's brother Riccardo Genualdi in 1903 gone to chicago to his broter-in-law Iacobucci ?????...
I don't know the surname of the Luigi's wife: is Genualdi or another?
thanks. Vincenzo
i knew that manifest : but we don't know where he born. Suanj found Luigi Iacobucci's family in 2 censiment (1920 and 1930) and in his draft card(img147.imageshack.us/i...920uj1.jpg) but i don't know if they are the same person with Luigi arrived at ellis island in 1904. If you take a look at ellisisland (http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2715050571) you'll find at line 14 that my greatgrandfather's brother Riccardo Genualdi in 1903 gone to chicago to his broter-in-law Iacobucci ?????...
I don't know the surname of the Luigi's wife: is Genualdi or another?
thanks. Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
- TonyDiNobile
- Rookie

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 27 May 2004, 00:00
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Vicenzo....So your Great Grand Father's sister Giuseppina married Luigi Iacobucci ?....If am understanding correctly....Your Great Grand Father Vicenzo had a brother Riccardo who immigrated to Chicago in 1903....In 1904 Luigi Iacobucci immigrates to Chicago....If Riccardo manifest says that he was going to meet his Brother In Law Iacobucci in 1903 than Giuseppina could a sister of both Vicenzo & Riccardo Iacobucci ?....Because If Riccardo arrived before Luigi and was coming to see his Brother In Law Iacobucci and I think it says to see another Genualdi brother as well than he must of had 2 sisters married to the Iacobucci family **The towns that I mentioned before Segni(outside Rome) or Busso and Pratola Peligna located in Molise/abruzzi might be possible hometowns of Luigi Iacobucci....
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
I believe that Luigi Jacobucci married at Giuseppina abt in 1906... it is possible to find the marriage records in Chicago?
regards, suanj
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Dear Suanj,
If I can put my 5 cents...? Many of my old family photos have backgrounds not related to the people, or location. I do remember my Nonno telling me , about ours, that photographers had a variety of location backgrounds which were used accordingly to the sitters wishes. Could be related, or just "artistic whim".
Names starting with a "J" are pronounced in Italian as written with an"I".
Happy New Year!
Aether
If I can put my 5 cents...? Many of my old family photos have backgrounds not related to the people, or location. I do remember my Nonno telling me , about ours, that photographers had a variety of location backgrounds which were used accordingly to the sitters wishes. Could be related, or just "artistic whim".
Names starting with a "J" are pronounced in Italian as written with an"I".
Happy New Year!
Aether
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Re: Help me to find the city in U.S.A. in the background
Hi, I don't know if I understood very well, but
the Luigi Jacobucci picture have the mark of a photo studio in Chicago and by census all data matching.. abt the name with J pronounced I, yes it is normal, because in Italy the J and the I are the same, used in past time when a name have or start with a vowel and follow with another vowel ( I-a= J-a)... in modern time this grammar rule is changed, but many surnames remained with J...
happy new year, suanj
the Luigi Jacobucci picture have the mark of a photo studio in Chicago and by census all data matching.. abt the name with J pronounced I, yes it is normal, because in Italy the J and the I are the same, used in past time when a name have or start with a vowel and follow with another vowel ( I-a= J-a)... in modern time this grammar rule is changed, but many surnames remained with J...
happy new year, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH

