So my mom and grandma have about 75% of the certificates that I need...But I need to have certified copies, correct? So, I have to order new ones to be apostilled anyway?
Damn, if that's true this is going to cost a fortune...
Vital records--Do I need to order new ones?
- amycarson9
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 01 Jan 2008, 04:17
Re: Vital records--Do I need to order new ones?
It won't cost as much as your think--probably about $15 to $20 per certificate. The cost of the apostille varies from state to state.
In any case you have no choice; original certificates (unless issued within a year or two) are too old to be apostilled. Also, the consulate keeps the originals, and I'm sure your mom and grandmom would not want to give theirs up.
The upside is that, since you have all the information you need, getting the long-form certificates will be relatively easy.
In any case you have no choice; original certificates (unless issued within a year or two) are too old to be apostilled. Also, the consulate keeps the originals, and I'm sure your mom and grandmom would not want to give theirs up.
The upside is that, since you have all the information you need, getting the long-form certificates will be relatively easy.
