san francisco consulate
- davidlatour
- Rookie

- Posts: 75
- Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 21:21
san francisco consulate
Has anyone here successfully acquired their citizenship through the sf consulate? I'm hearing stories of 3 year waits with no response.... this is making me consider changing my residency to L.A
Re: san francisco consulate
Dear David,
my cousin applied last march at SF consulate, and they told him to wait up to 2 years (as the italian law says).
I know Italian consulates from all over the world are overwhelmed of request of application for citizenship. In South america people wait 4 or 5 years due to the amount of requesters.
This situation makes to burocracy go slower.
If you change your residency, this doesn't let your process go faster.
My friend in Miami got it after 12 months, incredible but true, from march 2006 to march 2007.
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo
my cousin applied last march at SF consulate, and they told him to wait up to 2 years (as the italian law says).
I know Italian consulates from all over the world are overwhelmed of request of application for citizenship. In South america people wait 4 or 5 years due to the amount of requesters.
This situation makes to burocracy go slower.
If you change your residency, this doesn't let your process go faster.
My friend in Miami got it after 12 months, incredible but true, from march 2006 to march 2007.
I hope it helps,
bye Riccardo
