Hey everyone,
Like a lot of you, I was disappointed with the FOIA backlog of 12-18 months so I started looking for any existing alternative options. A few weeks back, I wrote a letter to my local congressman explaining my intention of acquiring dual citizenship and my disappointment with the delay by the USCIS to respond to my request for naturalization records. Today, I got a letter stating that he would "be happy to make an inquiry on my behalf" and that I just needed to provide him with my g-grandfather's information and he could make a formal request. He also suggested that I make a FOIA request as well and sent me the G-639 form, so it seems like he has a good understanding of the process but wouldn't give me a time frame on the inquiry.
Has anyone had any experience with congressional inquiries? It might still take awhile, but it seems like its at least worth a shot.
congressional inquiry
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: congressional inquiry
They work for you so ask them how soon you can get a follow up or when should you call them to find out the status of your request. Just use the phraswe as your constituent...=Peter=
