help with family,please
Re: help with family,please
With wife Giulia's untimely passing in 1916, Nicola would have needed someone to watch his two little girls. Here's what looks like Giulia's mother Ann Camastro Savino and family in the 1920 census. No Nicola or children living with her. Lines 17 to 20.
1920 census for Anna Savino and family
Anna Savino 51, widowed
Katie Savino 19, daughter
Annie Savino 21, daughter
William Camastro 30, boarder
Will continue to check for 1920 and 1930 census info.
Biff
1920 census for Anna Savino and family
Anna Savino 51, widowed
Katie Savino 19, daughter
Annie Savino 21, daughter
William Camastro 30, boarder
Will continue to check for 1920 and 1930 census info.
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: help with family,please
Thanks BIFF,
Dec 6 1931 is mine she married Frank Peluso.
thats another line I am tracing his parents were Alfonso and Carmella Peluso.
Will be checking IGG soon.
Dec 6 1931 is mine she married Frank Peluso.
thats another line I am tracing his parents were Alfonso and Carmella Peluso.
Will be checking IGG soon.
Re: help with family,please
Thanks for the look up Biff83,
But I dont think that 1920 census is family
Anna Savino 51, widowed
Katie Savino 19, daughter
Annie Savino 21, daughter
William Camastro 30, boarder
The names and dates dont work out similar though.
The quandary of genealogy
But I dont think that 1920 census is family
Anna Savino 51, widowed
Katie Savino 19, daughter
Annie Savino 21, daughter
William Camastro 30, boarder
The names and dates dont work out similar though.
The quandary of genealogy
Re: help with family,please
Sorry that 1920 census wasn't correct. I'm baffled as to why we can't locate Nicola and/or daughter Rose Savino in the 1930 census. I did find a couple of Savino families in the Bronx in 1930 (Joseph and Peter), both of whom interestingly were in the ice business but nothing on Nicola or Rosa.
Biff
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: help with family,please
Hi again BIFF ,
I appreciate your persistence,
Just to sum up what I know of this family:
Nicholas/Nicholo Savino
B jan 17 1890, Grumo Appula Bari
D june 25 1946,Bronx,NY
Father Pietro Savino,1800-1903 Mother Catherine
Siblings:Rocco,Luke,Joseph,Frank,Vito,Pietro,Catherine,Anne
Married Jan 29 1911,Manhattan,NY
Guilo/Julia Camastro
B1893,Grumo Appula Bari
D april 1916
Children:Rose 1912-1995
Anna 1930-
lucille
Hopes this helps
and yes I realize Nicholas parents age when they had him is a problem,
haven't figured out that yet,I got those dates from older family members
who are gone now,dont know what to do.
Thanks again for staying with me.
I appreciate your persistence,
Just to sum up what I know of this family:
Nicholas/Nicholo Savino
B jan 17 1890, Grumo Appula Bari
D june 25 1946,Bronx,NY
Father Pietro Savino,1800-1903 Mother Catherine
Siblings:Rocco,Luke,Joseph,Frank,Vito,Pietro,Catherine,Anne
Married Jan 29 1911,Manhattan,NY
Guilo/Julia Camastro
B1893,Grumo Appula Bari
D april 1916
Children:Rose 1912-1995
Anna 1930-
lucille
Hopes this helps
and yes I realize Nicholas parents age when they had him is a problem,
haven't figured out that yet,I got those dates from older family members
who are gone now,dont know what to do.
Thanks again for staying with me.
Re: help with family,please
Savino/Camastra/Schiraldi
Possible brother Vito
Also joining b-i-l Archangelo Schiraldi
1903 manifest
Vito Savino 35 (abt 1868)
---
Information repeated from page 1:
Possible brother Vito
Also joining b-i-l Archangelo Schiraldi
1903 manifest
Vito Savino 35 (abt 1868)
---
Information repeated from page 1:
interesting 1910 census
edit: added census detail
Home in 1910
312 84th Street, Manhattan, NY, NY
Head Nicholas Sevin 21 (abt 1889) IT
- single
- immig 1902
- iceman, shop, employer
Aunt Annie Camastrie 40 (abt 1870) IT
- widow
- 2 children
Cousin Julia Camastrie 18 (abt 1892) IT
- single
edit: added
related manifest for Aunt?
possible 1906 manifest Anna Camastra Savino
7 Mar 1906 Citta Di Napoli, Napoli to NY
Last residence Grumo App
Joining husband/father Vito Savino at 144 E 14th St NY
Anna Camastra (Savino) 36 (abt 1870)
Daughter Caterina Savino 5 (abt 1901)
Nephew Rocco Schiraldi 2 (abt 1904) US
- joining father Archangelo Schiraldi
special inquiry page
Re: help with family,please
Schiraldi/ Savino
Possible relatives?
1901 manifest
Arcangelo Schiraldi 26 & wife Teresa Savino 24
Joining sister Rosa Savino in NY
Possible relatives?
1901 manifest
Arcangelo Schiraldi 26 & wife Teresa Savino 24
Joining sister Rosa Savino in NY
Re: help with family,please
Coinnut,
You are showing Nicola's daughter Anna with a birth year of 1930. Did Nicola remarry? Do you know to whom? Where? When?
Biff
You are showing Nicola's daughter Anna with a birth year of 1930. Did Nicola remarry? Do you know to whom? Where? When?
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: help with family,please
Yes Anna was born in 1930.
Nichola remaried a woman named Jennie.
Her children are not blood.
Nichola remaried a woman named Jennie.
Her children are not blood.
-
hypertext66
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 18 Apr 2012, 22:16
Re: help with family,please
Hello Everyone,
My great grandfather is Arcangelo Schiraldi, and my great grandmother, his wife, was Teresa Savino. I know very little about what happened to them after they moved to NYC and gave birth to my grandfather Rocco Schiraldi in 1904. I was told that he was involved in an ice business after being a coal dealer for some time but that is about it. Do you have any information on them?
Thank You
Don Schiraldi
NYC
My great grandfather is Arcangelo Schiraldi, and my great grandmother, his wife, was Teresa Savino. I know very little about what happened to them after they moved to NYC and gave birth to my grandfather Rocco Schiraldi in 1904. I was told that he was involved in an ice business after being a coal dealer for some time but that is about it. Do you have any information on them?
Thank You
Don Schiraldi
NYC
Re: help with family,please
Hello Don!hypertext66 wrote:Hello Everyone,
My great grandfather is Arcangelo Schiraldi, and my great grandmother, his wife, was Teresa Savino. I know very little about what happened to them after they moved to NYC and gave birth to my grandfather Rocco Schiraldi in 1904. I was told that he was involved in an ice business after being a coal dealer for some time but that is about it. Do you have any information on them?
Thank You
Don Schiraldi
NYC
Welcome to the Forum.
If you start a new post for your family we would be better able to keep your family separate.
Valarie
-
hypertext66
- Newbie

- Posts: 3
- Joined: 18 Apr 2012, 22:16
Re: help with family,please
I thought I did. What did I do wrong?
-
nicolefazio
- Rookie

- Posts: 55
- Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 00:23
Re: help with family,please
I have an image for a marriage record from Italy for, not sure if this is any one that fit into your puzzle. let me know and I can email you the photo.
Teresa Savino
Born abt:1867
Parents: Vito Domenico Savino and Chiara Proscia
She is Marrying
Guiseppe Fariello
Parents: Domenico Fariello and Eugenia DiPinto
Teresa Savino
Born abt:1867
Parents: Vito Domenico Savino and Chiara Proscia
She is Marrying
Guiseppe Fariello
Parents: Domenico Fariello and Eugenia DiPinto
