Grappucio Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Grappucio Family

Post by BillieDeKid »

Biff83 wrote:[quote="BillieDeKid]Biff was there names on the following page of the 1900 census you posted? Just curious.
Good point, Elizabeth. More possilbe in laws--Ofria families--on next page living on Chambers St. Heads of families occupation--barber.
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/4093 ... 900iy4.jpg

Biff[/quote]

Biff you're FANTASTICO!!!
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Grappucio Family

Post by Biff83 »

Possible Brother in law John Peter Ofria (from 1900 census) Passport Application
Name: John Peter Ofria
Birth Date: 30 Aug 1877
Birth Place: Messina, Italy
Residence: Boston, Massachusetts
Passport Issue Date: 26 May 1906

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
BillieDeKid
Master
Master
Posts: 1207
Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
Location: Illinois

Re: Grappucio Family

Post by BillieDeKid »

misbris wrote:I think it says Ignacio Verdala or Verdata.
For reference. 1900 census for Ignatio Vedala family. His occupation is barber. Brother-in-law of Antonio.

Page 1 Ignatio is the last name on the page
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/2006 ... 353nv2.jpg
Page 2 his wife and additional family members. Also Vedala memebers a few lines past family on the top of page.
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/3570 ... 354vs6.jpg

Good eyes MJ.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Grappucio Family

Post by vj »

possible 1918 WWI Card
Antonio Glapoccio 43
216 Chambers Street
Born 10 Feb 1875
Barber, Beaumont Street
Wife Santa
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Grappucio Family

Post by vj »

from 1900 & 1910 census
possible relation to Santa Ofria

NEHGS Marriage Record
Record #2600
18 July 1892

Charles Ofria 22 (abt 1870)
Boston
Hairdresser, Boston
Italy
Parents: John & Rose

Ella L O’Connell 17 (abt 1875)
Boston
Operator, Boston
Parents: Daniel & Ella

Justice of the Peace
Joseph Corbett
User avatar
summergirl75
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 08 Aug 2007, 00:00
Location: Wareham, Ma

Re: Grappucio Family

Post by summergirl75 »

I am forever grateful for all the information. How great that others are so willing to help others here on Italian Genealogy. I have been searching for months to no avail and look at all was found with help from each and everyone of you whom so freely helped. Thanks!

VJ : The 1898 cenus you list the manifest from ancestry.com what is the name so I may print it out? I could not print it the way I received it sorry to say. If you could forward that name to me I would be so grateful.

I do not know the town or region where the family lived. My end of the Grappucio's have all deceased sad to say.

Thanks so very much to each and all.
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Grappucio Family

Post by vj »

It was transcribed backwards:
first name: Grappaccio
last name: Antonio
Post Reply