My wife's great grandfather was Francesco Louis Bercini who moved from Dongo to England about 1850's. He was born about 1845 and died England 1913. His father was Luigi Bercini. I have found another 2 or 3 Bercinis in London about 1860's - they were probably Francesco's brothers.
Appreciate any connections. Also any advice on researching this family. I live in New Zealand and sorry I neither read nor speak Italian.
Thanks John Shaw Auckland NZ
Bercini family of Dongo, Lake Como
Re: Bercini family of Dongo, Lake Como
Hi and welcome to the forum,
The name Bercini is not too common. I don't know if you made or have seen these listings.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... esults.asp
Dongo looks like a beautiful place.
http://www.comune.dongo.co.it/hh/index. ... ca59&jvs=1
The name Bercini is not too common. I don't know if you made or have seen these listings.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... esults.asp
Dongo looks like a beautiful place.
http://www.comune.dongo.co.it/hh/index. ... ca59&jvs=1

