where do I look for records before ~1750
- adventrr2004
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Jan 2004, 00:00
where do I look for records before ~1750
I have done extensive research on my family tree using LDS microfilm. My family is from Isola del Liri, Frosinone. The LDS has microfilm for civil registrations and the only church in the town but records only go back to the 1750's. anything before that date they say is in some central/regional location that all records were transferred to. Does anyone what they are talking about and who I can contact to trace my family lineage back even farther than I have. Thank you in advance for any help on this endeavor. Ciao. David
Who is "They say" about the records being transferred. Have you e-mailed the town municipal authorities about this? Go to www. comuni.it. Records prior to institution of civil records, as you know, are in the local churches which may or may not have the Libri d'anima (book of sould which was a haphazard affair reflecting parish census taking. Peter
