Old florentine families!!
Re: Old florentine families!!
Hello, and thank you for replying. My maiden name is Strotz. Robert H. Strotz is my third cousin, my grandfathers first cousin, my grandfathers name was Charles S. Strotz and he died in Arizona I beleive in 1984. The story is is that some Strozzis went to Luxembourg after they left Italy. They changed the name to Strotz to make it more German sounding. My great, great grandparents came to America from Luxembourg. I spoke to my dad today and he said that he has a family tree that Robert Strotz had made and gave to my grandfather. He is going to look for it and try to have a coppy made of it and send it to me. I live in Ca., but was born in Illinois, my father is in Rockford Ill. I know that my greatgrandfathers name was also Charles Strotz. I do not know when he died. Hopefully my father will find the family tree so I will be able to get more info. My father is the oldest person alive so there is no one else to go to to get more info. Henry Strotz was Robert Strotzs father. At this time I dont have much more info. Again, thank you so much for replying and for trying to help
me!

- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Old florentine families!!
Hi Janice
I hope you got my email. Yes, the family tree that your father has will give us a better direction and thanks for supplying the information you know about your family. I live about an hour from your dad and I have cousins in Rockford. Small world.
I'm sending another email this evening so check for it.
Elizabeth
I hope you got my email. Yes, the family tree that your father has will give us a better direction and thanks for supplying the information you know about your family. I live about an hour from your dad and I have cousins in Rockford. Small world.
I'm sending another email this evening so check for it.
Elizabeth
Re: Old florentine families!!
Hi, I am still trying to get more info on my relatives. You mentioned that you were sending me another e-mail, but I have not received one. Thanks for bringing in someone else to help. Also, if you could give me some sites that elp to find people that do not charge you, if you know of any. Thanks, Janice
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Old florentine families!!
This site doesn't charge or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're looking for. All help given here is free.
Check your junk email or spam and see if it went there...the subject line was Strozzi in it.
Elizabeth
Check your junk email or spam and see if it went there...the subject line was Strozzi in it.
Elizabeth
Re: Old florentine families!!
Janice,
If you are trying to find out more info about the immigaration of your ggfather, why don't you start another thread with all the pertinent info you have. We will all be happy to help and send you in the right dircction for your research. It isn't fair for us to take over this poster's thread,
but we all would be very happy to help you in your search.
just hit new topic and post your info
If you are trying to find out more info about the immigaration of your ggfather, why don't you start another thread with all the pertinent info you have. We will all be happy to help and send you in the right dircction for your research. It isn't fair for us to take over this poster's thread,
just hit new topic and post your info
- mauricioom
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 00:00
- Location: Mexico
Re: Old florentine families!!
Hi! it's me again
Well, i haven't got an answer from the Medici Archive, but i found new data about the Federighi family:
Paolo Federighi was Gonfalone (or ¿Gonfalonieri?) of Lion Rosso.. i searched a little bit and i found out that this men were ni charge of holding a kind of banner in this case one with a Red Lion... but i've found also that this title was also used for a military rank of some kind...
his son, Giovanni Federighi was the gobernor of San Gimignano
Giovanni married Gemma Canigiani, and had 4 sons, one of them named Luigi who moved to Seville and was an important merchant who died in 1612 at the age of 42.
Well, i haven't got an answer from the Medici Archive, but i found new data about the Federighi family:
Paolo Federighi was Gonfalone (or ¿Gonfalonieri?) of Lion Rosso.. i searched a little bit and i found out that this men were ni charge of holding a kind of banner in this case one with a Red Lion... but i've found also that this title was also used for a military rank of some kind...
his son, Giovanni Federighi was the gobernor of San Gimignano
Giovanni married Gemma Canigiani, and had 4 sons, one of them named Luigi who moved to Seville and was an important merchant who died in 1612 at the age of 42.
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Old florentine families!!
Hi Mauricio
Glad to hear back from you. I'm glad you're making progress with your search. I'm hoping you hear back from the Medici Archive soon. Please let me know what you find out!!! Did you ever make contact with Dr. Fantoni?
Glad to hear back from you. I'm glad you're making progress with your search. I'm hoping you hear back from the Medici Archive soon. Please let me know what you find out!!! Did you ever make contact with Dr. Fantoni?
Re: Old florentine families!!
Mauricio,
1- It is more likely to hear from some archives in Italy if the request is made by an individual associated with an university, a museum, or another archive. If possible go that root.
2- As for San Gimignano - it's coat of arms shows a rampant lion, holding a blue sphere with 3 fleurs de lys (I guess in gold -can't see well). The city's banner is red and yellow. The various "quartieri" also have their own banners which are carried and paraded during festivals, generally by important citizens.
A famous one : "Ferie delle Messi" - a medieval - lasts 3 days, see:
<http://www.comune.sangimignano.com/index.htm>
you can see the "gonfalonieri" carrying the "gonfalone=standard; banner".
For more info. on the history check:
<http://www.comune.sangimignano.siena.it>
Can't tell you of the emotion of seeing it for the first time, with the sun
setting on all golden towers!
I will try to check some of my notes. Let you know if any luck!
Aether
1- It is more likely to hear from some archives in Italy if the request is made by an individual associated with an university, a museum, or another archive. If possible go that root.
2- As for San Gimignano - it's coat of arms shows a rampant lion, holding a blue sphere with 3 fleurs de lys (I guess in gold -can't see well). The city's banner is red and yellow. The various "quartieri" also have their own banners which are carried and paraded during festivals, generally by important citizens.
A famous one : "Ferie delle Messi" - a medieval - lasts 3 days, see:
<http://www.comune.sangimignano.com/index.htm>
you can see the "gonfalonieri" carrying the "gonfalone=standard; banner".
For more info. on the history check:
<http://www.comune.sangimignano.siena.it>
Can't tell you of the emotion of seeing it for the first time, with the sun
setting on all golden towers!
I will try to check some of my notes. Let you know if any luck!
Aether
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
- mauricioom
- Rookie

- Posts: 29
- Joined: 11 Aug 2006, 00:00
- Location: Mexico
Re: Old florentine families!!
Elizabeth and Aether,
I still haven't heard back from the Medici Archive, i'll probabbly send them a more formal email maybe backed up by my university.. dunno still...
I haven't got a hold of Dr. Fantoni, but getting close to it
Thanks for the info on San Gimignano!!!
One more think i just found out:
Gemma (Genma) Canigiani who married Giovanni di Paolo Federighi (the son of Paolo Federighi and Lucrezia Pitti) was the daughter of a DANIEL CANIGIANI and MARIA TORNAQUINCI
Aparentely the Pitti and Tornaquinci family are quite studied already, but i haven't found anythin on this marriages to the Federighi and Canigiani families...
Greets,
Mauricio
I still haven't heard back from the Medici Archive, i'll probabbly send them a more formal email maybe backed up by my university.. dunno still...
I haven't got a hold of Dr. Fantoni, but getting close to it
Thanks for the info on San Gimignano!!!
One more think i just found out:
Gemma (Genma) Canigiani who married Giovanni di Paolo Federighi (the son of Paolo Federighi and Lucrezia Pitti) was the daughter of a DANIEL CANIGIANI and MARIA TORNAQUINCI
Aparentely the Pitti and Tornaquinci family are quite studied already, but i haven't found anythin on this marriages to the Federighi and Canigiani families...
Greets,
Mauricio
Re: Old florentine families!!
Hi Mauricio:
Could you find any information about Maria Ginevra? I am also interested very much in this subject.
Thank you. Best regards,
Luis Vargas
Could you find any information about Maria Ginevra? I am also interested very much in this subject.
Thank you. Best regards,
Luis Vargas
