Hello All!
Hello All!
Hello! My name is Meghan and I am new to the site today! I am helping my grandfather find out more about his family and heritage through the internet. I don't really understand all of this stuff, so I will probably be asking a lot of questions
Have a good day!
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Hello All!
Hi Meghan and welcome to the forum. Everyone here is happy to help, don't be afraid to ask questions.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Regards,
Elizabeth
Re: Hello All!
Hey Meghan!
Welcome.
Don't worry about asking questions..we all had to start somewhere and asking questions is the only way to learn. I didn't understand any of this either when I started but after a while it usually is pretty simple to understand.
First things first..what do you already know and what would you like to know? Work backwards from yourself and write down everything you know. It will give you a great starting point and will help you define your goals.
And one more thing...doing look at it as an overall "project' but treat each individual as their own project. Collect everything you can one by one and start to piece things together or you will go insane.
Look forward to reading your posts.
Welcome.
Don't worry about asking questions..we all had to start somewhere and asking questions is the only way to learn. I didn't understand any of this either when I started but after a while it usually is pretty simple to understand.
First things first..what do you already know and what would you like to know? Work backwards from yourself and write down everything you know. It will give you a great starting point and will help you define your goals.
And one more thing...doing look at it as an overall "project' but treat each individual as their own project. Collect everything you can one by one and start to piece things together or you will go insane.
Look forward to reading your posts.
- juanminbar
- Veteran

- Posts: 208
- Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00
Re: Hello All!
your immediate family is your best source of information. initially they may balk at what you are striving to do. but let them know that you are looking to find the history of those family members who emigrated from italy, good or bad you cannot change the past.
good luck on your journey.
j
good luck on your journey.
j


