Need help researching Fiorino!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by pink67 »

From Biff's link:
Cleveland Public Library - Necrology File
http://dxsrv4.cpl.org/WebZ/Authorize?se ... le=noframe

Id#: 0462642
Name: Comai, Joseph
Date: Oct ?
Source: Plain Dealer; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #100.
Notes: Comai. Joseph Comai, beloved husband of the late Angela (nee Florino), dear father of Andrew, Mrs. Augle Dr. Tirro of Phoenix, Ariz., Anthony, Mrs. Margaret Bertolone, and Mrs. Mary Ann, Sklad, grandfather. Funeral services Friday, Oct. 5, at Holy Rosary Church, 9:30 a. m. Visiting Hours Thursday 3-5 And 7-10 P. M. at the Frank. R. Conti Funeral Home, 2110 Murray Hill Rd.

So... :cry: Probably the 1930 census I posted before is incorrect....
Let's search the right one!
Laura
User avatar
newgenie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by newgenie »

I am happy with all of the information you have found! I just need time to put all of the pieces together!

Thanks again!
User avatar
sierraquebec
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: 26 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by sierraquebec »

Hello !
I have seen your search last year and I am very curious about other Quenqua people .
Sorry for the english .
I am now living in the northern side of italy but my family is still in Trapani ;
my father was Leonardo Quenqua ;
I have seen you have collected a lot of data about "american" Quenqua , so I am thinking to collect other data about quenqua in trapani ;
This surname is not so popular , so I hope to find information that could be linked to your .
I will also made other searches in trapani !
I will let you know .
If you need other info about people in Trapani , let me know and I will see if I can help.

Ciao a tutti!
Regards
Sergio
User avatar
newgenie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by newgenie »

Sorry, I do not have any information on Quenqua family.

This may not have been intended for me.
User avatar
newgenie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by newgenie »

Hey Pink!

It's been awhile! I found that Anna's maiden name was Sgro, and came thru Boston, not New York. Looking at the 1910 census, Santo was living with Peter and Francesco Sgro at that time.

Thought you might find this interesting.

Hope you are well!

Jessica
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by Biff83 »

Jessica,

Have you seen this 1943 death record for Sam Fiorino from FamilySearch Labs?
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/873/ ... 943af6.jpg

Or this 1926 record for Sam and Jennie's infant daughter Mary?
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/1203 ... 920hz0.jpg

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
newgenie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by newgenie »

No, Biff, I didn't.

Thanks so much!!

Jessica
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by pink67 »

Thank you very much for your update!!!
It's nice when people remember us :D

Ciao Jessica!
Laura :P
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by Biff83 »

You're welcome, Laura.

Here's another record from 1953 for Sam and Jennie's daughter Ann Marie Fiorino White.
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5995 ... 953da2.jpg

And the 1945 record for Sam's sister Angie Fiorino Comai.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1996 ... 945yp9.jpg

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
newgenie
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by newgenie »

Thanks again Biff.

I did not have any of this information. I appreciate your help!
Jessica
User avatar
bjwhite
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 15 Jul 2008, 23:04

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by bjwhite »

Jessica, I sent you a PM....
User avatar
rwhite4photos
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 22 Jul 2008, 14:01

Re: Need help researching Fiorino!

Post by rwhite4photos »

Jessica: The previous post is my nephew Brian. My mother was Anna Fiorino White. My grandfather was Santo Fiorino. We can provide additional info regarding the Fiorino line. Please reply, thank you.

P.S. How are we related?

Ron White
Louisville KY
Post Reply