Hi everyone my name is Franco
I am in the process of obtaining my duel citizenship by descent, what a process! Anyways!!! I am researching my great grandfather and have gained 99% of all my documents, translations, birth-certificates, and all the other required documents, everything!!! except one thing, I received my letter from NARA stating no record found, thats a good thing, but I need a letter from Homeland security or INS stating this as well. I found a form online and from what I was told this takes about 6 months to get. The point is I am in a rush and was hoping someone might have some insight on where I can physically go to pick up this document without the waiting game. Is this possible?
and if so where? I was told DC? I live in San Diego California and would go!! Its that important. Any info would be very helpful
Grazie
Franco
Question Need help!!!
- francomadaio
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 06:17
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
- juanminbar
- Veteran

- Posts: 208
- Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00
Re: Question Need help!!!
have you tried the italian embassy/consulate?
the site below offers ''limited'' free advice.
......you can obtain it by living in Italy for 3 years and filing the necessary paperwork-
_________________
Sonia Alioto, Law Forum Moderator
www.italianlaw.net
italianlaw@comcast.net
San Francisco
good luck, jt
the site below offers ''limited'' free advice.
......you can obtain it by living in Italy for 3 years and filing the necessary paperwork-
_________________
Sonia Alioto, Law Forum Moderator
www.italianlaw.net
italianlaw@comcast.net
San Francisco
good luck, jt
- francomadaio
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 08 Mar 2008, 06:17
- Location: San Diego
- Contact:
Re: Question Need help!!!
Yeah I have contacted them, and the have told me that I need this letter from homeland security, I have the letter from NARA, and two other letters, one from Kings county in NYC stating no record found and the from the local archives in NYC. I will check out the site, thank you so much.
Ciao
Franco
Ciao
Franco