Prosdocimo & Olivo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by pink67 »

vj wrote:Neat Platt map of Prosdocimo house(s) on Imperial Street
in 1923

Pittsburgh Library

WOW Valarie!!!!
What a great map!!!
Thank you.....I'm very impressed... we can see Prosdocimo's house and his neighborough's houses (Laface and Polito)...
I noticed that Giuseppe Prosdocimo in his first trip in 1902 was travelling with Laface Antonio Vincenzo and them both declared to joining the brother Pasquale (maybe they were step-brother?)

This is a big image of Imperial street with Prosdocimo's house....

[img=http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/2329 ... kb1.th.jpg]

Laura
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by vj »

Hey Laura :D !
Had no luck finding a census, so I looked for a platt book.
They're neat when you can find them!
Valarie

and,
Just in case these folks are related :wink: :
(there are a few more later ones)

From Evendon.com wonderful Pittsburgh/ Allegheny County website
Taylor Allderdice High School
Yearbook pictures
1934
1936
1947
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by Biff83 »

Neat Platt map of Prosdocimo house(s) on Imperial Street
in 1923

From Evendon.com wonderful Pittsburgh/ Allegheny County website
Taylor Allderdice High School
Yearbook pictures


Leapin' Lizards, Valarie!! You never cease to amaze me. Great stuff.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by vj »

Hey Biff :D !
I really like looking up my family’s addresses.
Did you notice that google maps sometimes pops up with an image?
I can never find the platt books & area maps on ancestry, so I added
them as a bookmark
Valarie

Another address 1924 (from Evendon.com )
1924 Proceedings: Squirrel Hill Board of Trade - Page 0057
6374 Caton Street
Should be 1930 census ED 235, went page by page
couldn't find it...
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by pink67 »

Sure this person was Amelia's nephew because he was joining his uncle Gregorio Olivo in Pittsburgh 2413 Phillips Avenue...

New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Lerafina Lamanna
Name: Lerafina Lamanna Serafino Lamanna
Arrival Date: 3 Apr 1912
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/Race­/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Berlin
Search Ship Database: View the Berlin in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Catanzaro
Line: 4
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_1832
Birth Location: Catanzaro
Birth Location Other: fonnta lervatta (Fossato Serralta)
Page Number: 97

Page 1:
[img=http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9310 ... kl6.th.jpg]

Page 2:
[img=http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/3206 ... fd4.th.jpg]

Laura :)

Edit:
I noticed that in the same arrival manifest about Giuseppe and Amelia Prosdocimo there was another Lamanna, Antonio (possible another nephew?) going to meet his brother Serafino in Pittsburgh 2211 Imperial street leaving in Italy his father Luigi (Concetta Lamanna's brother?)...
All these dates confirm the maiden name about Amelia's mother Concetta (Lamanna)...
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 1874
Joined: 04 Feb 2004, 00:00
Location: TRENTO - ITALY
Contact:

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by ricbru »

Prosdo wrote:
ricbru wrote:You can write a letter only written in italian, to get your Giuseppe Prosdocimo real birth record (so you can read his parents names, ages, occupation, address where birth occurred) to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato civile
Corso V. Emanuele III, 1
CAP 88050
Fossato Serralta (CZ)

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
How does that process work? And is there a place I can get a letter translated?
The process work this way:
1) I suggest you to make a phone call to Fossalto Serralta civil record office in order to see what is the best way to send a request for a copy from real birth record.

2) It takes about one month for them to reply

3) A lot of people of this forum can help you to write the request, or you can hire someone.

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
User avatar
Prosdo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 04:50
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by Prosdo »

Wow you guys are amazing. I will be showing this to my grandfather tomorrow. Those pictures from Allderdice high school are my great uncle and my great aunts. I'm sure my pap will get a kick out of them. I can't believe you all found all of this stuff. Anything else you guys can find is much appreciated.
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by pink67 »

Hi Stephanie,

Gregorio's 1920 Census:

1920 United States Federal Census
about Gregorio Olivio
Name: Gregorio Olivio
Home in 1920: Pittsburgh Ward 8, Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Age: 35 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1885
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Julia
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1904
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 1114
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Gregorio Olivio 35
Julia Olivio 24
Dora Olivio 6
Gaetano Olivio 4 2/12
Mary A Olivio 2 9/12

[img=http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9199 ... hd2.th.jpg]

:D
User avatar
Prosdo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 04:50
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by Prosdo »

Jeez, I cannot believe how much stuff you guys have found. I really appreciate all of this.
User avatar
Prosdo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 04:50
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by Prosdo »

If I am able to find the parents of Giuseppe Prosdocimo. Would I be able to research on Ancestry.com or would I have to continue with contact to Italy?
User avatar
Prosdo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 04:50
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by Prosdo »

Anyone know?
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by pink67 »

:D Hi Prosdo,

Ancestry.com doesn't have italian records on line, if you can find the exact birth dates of Giuseppe Prosdocimo's parents you can search in the Family History Center's microfilms.
They have films about Fossato Serralta Civil records from 1809 to 1871, so the year range is ok for Giuseppe's parents...

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1871
Authors Fossato Serralta (Catanzaro). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)

Notes Microfilm dei registri originali nell'Archivio di Stato, Catanzaro, e nel Tribunale di Catanzaro.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microfilm ad alta riduzione (42x). Si consiglia di adoperare una macchina ad alto ingrandimento.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anni mancanti o fuori ordine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Civil registration of births, marriages, deaths, banns, marriage documents from Fossato Serralta, Catanzaro, Italy. Some years missing or out of order.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dopo l'anno 1865, include anche la frazione di Maranise. (after 1865 there is also Maranise hamlet)


Subjects Italy, Catanzaro, Fossato Serralta - Civil registration
Italy, Catanzaro, Maranise - Civil registration


Format Manuscript (On Film)
Language Italian
Publication Salt Lake City, Utah : Filmati dalla Genealogical Society of Utah, 1993-1997
Physical in 5 bobine di microfilm ; 16 mm.


Ricbru told you how to obtain more dates about Giuseppe and his family directly from Fossato serralta Comune:

You can write a letter only written in italian, to get your Giuseppe Prosdocimo real birth record (so you can read his parents names, ages, occupation, address where birth occurred) to:

Comune
Ufficio di Stato civile
Corso V. Emanuele III, 1
CAP 88050
Fossato Serralta (CZ)

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo


Perhaps, first you can ask for the birth act of Giuseppe to the Comune and then search in the microfilms his parents's births....

Laura
User avatar
Prosdo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 04:50
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by Prosdo »

Thanks so much
User avatar
Prosdo
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 19 Mar 2008, 04:50
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by Prosdo »

I am getting ready to send the letter. What do I need to include in the envelop?
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Prosdocimo & Olivo

Post by PeterTimber »

The Mormon church recommends sending some money since the service is free for you and the poorly paid clerks do their research for written requests at the end of day sinc e they are obliged to take care of walk-ins first and hence the 4-6 week delay in your getting a response.

I normally send $10.00 but you can send $5.00 if you wish. Sometimes they return the money withthe documents and sometimes they have a coffee on you. I have never experienced any loss of money or service. =Peter=
Post Reply