I am trying to find out where I can find ship manifests from ships departing from Genova to Peru, or South America in general. The only ones that I found are the ones leaving to the U.S. Any suggestions? I couldn't find any at the LDS Family centers.
Ana
ship manifests from Italy to South America
- Italdescent
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 20 Mar 2008, 05:37
Re: ship manifests from Italy to South America
You might want to try this site:
http://www.genealogylinks.net/europe/it ... -ships.htm
Is it possible your family immigrated to Brazil or Argentina before going to Peru? If so I have more sites, pertaining to groups that immigrated to Brazil.
http://www.genealogylinks.net/europe/it ... -ships.htm
Is it possible your family immigrated to Brazil or Argentina before going to Peru? If so I have more sites, pertaining to groups that immigrated to Brazil.
Re: ship manifests from Italy to South America
I do have one great-grandfather of whom my grandmother always said that he went to Brazil. I've been looking for clues on the net, but haven't found any thus far. I'd really appreciate those links if you have them!
Thanks!
Eric
Thanks!
Eric
Re: ship manifests from Italy to South America
Unfortunately the records from Brasil are not great. But there is a site that lists some records of Italians entering Brasil and Argentina. You have to register at this site but it is free and they do not spam you. Go here:
http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie_e.htm
http://213.212.128.168/radici/ie/defaultie_e.htm
Re: ship manifests from Italy to South America
Thank you so much for all your help; For what I heard, my family went to Peru, straight from Genova. Does anybody knows if in Genova they kept a record for people who left the country?
Ana
Ana

