Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
leash
Rookie
Posts: 90 Joined: 18 Jun 2007, 00:00
Location: Australia
Post
by leash » 13 Apr 2008, 10:22
Hi Guys,
i am wanting to get a dual passport can any pls help me with what needs to be done & how to do it???
thansk
Known surnames- Mollica, Alba, Cannella, Secchitano
I would like to research my family history and find out as much as I can =)
lyncic
Newbie
Posts: 11 Joined: 30 Mar 2008, 00:57
Location: VICTORIA,AUSTRALIA
Post
by lyncic » 13 Apr 2008, 12:11
Hi
You can do a search on the Australian National Archives web site. If your family member has been Naturlized they will have a record of it.
www.naa.gov.au
I just did a quick check and there of 3 entries for the suname Scecchitano
One was for a Naturlization of Bartolo Scecchitano
If you find a match ,you can request a copy of it
Regards: LYN