So the good news is my GGF naturalized in July 1915, after GF's birth in Jan 1914. But I'm having a hard time getting a certified copy. NARA was very helpful in sending the Soundex card for my GGF, showing that naturalization took place in the Circuit court of Cook county. They told me to request a certified copy from there.
So today I called to find out about getting certified copies, and the archivist's response was "This isn't for that Italian dual citizenship thing! The consultates should know that only the federal office gives out certified copies for naturalization."
Is this true? What should I do?
Help--certified copies from a circuit court?
Help--certified copies from a circuit court?
Surnames: Palma, Rubbo, Tosetto, Stigliano
- davidlatour
- Rookie

- Posts: 75
- Joined: 08 Dec 2007, 21:21
Re: Help--certified copies from a circuit court?
I received a certified copy of my g-grandfather's naturalization record from the Massachusetts Archives. Try the state archive office.
Surnames: Campaniello - Ferraro - Paliano - Basile - Benvenuto - Rigieri
