LOOKING FOR ANYONE RESEARCHING SURNAME:NAVARRA/NAVARRO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
eagle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Feb 2004, 00:00

LOOKING FOR ANYONE RESEARCHING SURNAME:NAVARRA/NAVARRO

Post by eagle »

I have been researching my family tree off and on for 20 odd years.
My Great-Great Grandfather's name was Costantino Navarro (at least that is how it is spelled on the Ellis Island records), at some point the spelling was changed to Navarra. The records indicate he comes from San Potito Sannitico.
I am hoping there is someone out there who is researching this family also.

Thanks-
Pam
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: LOOKING FOR ANYONE RESEARCHING SURNAME:NAVARRA/NAVARRO

Post by suanj »

eagle wrote:I have been researching my family tree off and on for 20 odd years.
My Great-Great Grandfather's name was Costantino Navarro (at least that is how it is spelled on the Ellis Island records), at some point the spelling was changed to Navarra. The records indicate he comes from San Potito Sannitico.
I am hoping there is someone out there who is researching this family also.

Thanks-
Pam
Hi : really.. just surname.. are NAVARRA in San Potito Sannitico(Caserta province-Campania region) are this Navarra families
http://www.paginebianche.it/pb/cerca?bt ... co&x=0&y=0
regards, suanj
User avatar
Marlena
Elite
Elite
Posts: 431
Joined: 03 Oct 2006, 00:00
Location: California

Re: LOOKING FOR ANYONE RESEARCHING SURNAME:NAVARRA/NAVARRO

Post by Marlena »

Hello, I have a great-great Aunt, Carmela DiMatteo, from Trabia who was married to an Ignazico (sp?) Navarra. I do not know where he was from but just thought I'd reply if there is a possible link.
Trabia, Sicily: Rinella, Campagna, Rubino, DiMatteo, Vallelunga, Gattuccio, Canciamilla, Arena, Alario, Barone, Sunseri, Trapani, Turturice Bell, Lima, Romano, Spitaleri, Cancilla,Tardio, Novello Tomasello, Sunseri Pirotto, and D'Anna.
Post Reply