and that's why he appears nowhere on any ship list - at least not accurately. I get similar names, but the age/birth year are way off. I've tried for years to find his travel info. Found his second wife (my grandmother) just recently. Anyway to make my sad song short... if anyone can help point me in different directions (not that my head isn't going in several at once already)... i would really appreciate it. I joined ancestry.com & have used some links found on these forums... still nothing matching close enough to satisfy my type-a personality
His name is Antonio Stanziano, b: Sep 6, 1877 Castellino Del Biferno, Italy. The 1910 Census has his arrival as 1901, the 1920 census states 1909, and the 1930 census states 1897.
I've been told he traveled the county before settling in Ohio so he could have arrived *anywhere*, although not rich, so his transport would not have been too exotic.
Thank you for reading this & for any hints/help you may be able to provide.
EDITING TO ADD: His wife's name was Angeline (who came later with their son Joean).