Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Hello,
first: excuse my english.
I'm loking for my uncles (brothers of my grandmather) Cirillo, b. 1882, and Fortunato, b. 1885 in Giuncugnano (Italy) who went in USA at the beginning 1900.
On Ellisisland records, I found Cinibol Nobili (he traveled with Luigi Nobili who should be my grandfather, but ...). The original manifets is very bud,
but I think that is the same person: he arrived in NY the 3/3/1907 from Giuncugnano (Giuncugnano is a very little county in Tuscany) and they had as final destination N. Yakimo(a) (WA).
Some mouths later Cirillo's brother, Fortunato Nobili arrived in NY (Ellisisland records). I am sure of its identity (from Giuncugnano and its father are noted). He had as final destination 'brother Nobili Cirillo at Tacoma Washington'.
Fortunato came back to Italy (same people in birthplace - Ponteccio - remember that), but he returned to the USA. In Ellisisland records Fortunato Nobili arrived in NY the 9/9/1911 with S.S. Mendoza from Genova. I can not be abble to found the original ship manifest.
If Luigi Nobili (at the beguinning) was my granfhather, he came back, but what appened of Cirillo and Fortunato?
Thanks for any helps.
Claude Nobili
first: excuse my english.
I'm loking for my uncles (brothers of my grandmather) Cirillo, b. 1882, and Fortunato, b. 1885 in Giuncugnano (Italy) who went in USA at the beginning 1900.
On Ellisisland records, I found Cinibol Nobili (he traveled with Luigi Nobili who should be my grandfather, but ...). The original manifets is very bud,
but I think that is the same person: he arrived in NY the 3/3/1907 from Giuncugnano (Giuncugnano is a very little county in Tuscany) and they had as final destination N. Yakimo(a) (WA).
Some mouths later Cirillo's brother, Fortunato Nobili arrived in NY (Ellisisland records). I am sure of its identity (from Giuncugnano and its father are noted). He had as final destination 'brother Nobili Cirillo at Tacoma Washington'.
Fortunato came back to Italy (same people in birthplace - Ponteccio - remember that), but he returned to the USA. In Ellisisland records Fortunato Nobili arrived in NY the 9/9/1911 with S.S. Mendoza from Genova. I can not be abble to found the original ship manifest.
If Luigi Nobili (at the beguinning) was my granfhather, he came back, but what appened of Cirillo and Fortunato?
Thanks for any helps.
Claude Nobili
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Hi and welcome to the forum,
You are right, the manifest is bad, but I am posting it for reference.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
Fortunato's second manifest is misfiled at Ellis Island. Perhaps someone could track it down at Ancestry?
You are right, the manifest is bad, but I am posting it for reference.
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0020
Fortunato's second manifest is misfiled at Ellis Island. Perhaps someone could track it down at Ancestry?
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
possible 1910 US census
Home in 1910: Treadwell, Division 1, Alaska
Name: Cerello Noble
Age in 1910: 29 [21]
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1881 [abt 1889]
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Roomer
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Year of Immigration: 1907
---
Another Nobili in Treadwell (Juneau) Alaska in 1910, or is this Fortunato?
possible 1910 census
Home in 1910: Treadwell, Division 1, Alaska
Name: Frank Nobilli
Age in 1910: 30
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head (Roomer)
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Year of Immigration: 1909
Home in 1910: Treadwell, Division 1, Alaska
Name: Cerello Noble
Age in 1910: 29 [21]
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1881 [abt 1889]
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Roomer
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Year of Immigration: 1907
---
Another Nobili in Treadwell (Juneau) Alaska in 1910, or is this Fortunato?
possible 1910 census
Home in 1910: Treadwell, Division 1, Alaska
Name: Frank Nobilli
Age in 1910: 30
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1879
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head (Roomer)
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Year of Immigration: 1909
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Great vj,
I knew you or Biff would come through. I think Frank/Fortunato is the same person. We now have the father's name, Felice, from the manifest.
Were they gold mining in Alaska???
I knew you or Biff would come through. I think Frank/Fortunato is the same person. We now have the father's name, Felice, from the manifest.
Were they gold mining in Alaska???
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Salue Claude!
in adding of other records above, well in Tacoma, Pierce, WA it are only this people with the englicized surname:
1910 United States Federal Census
about Harry Noble
Name: Harry Noble
Age in 1910: 34
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1876
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Spouse's Name: Renda
Home in 1910: Tacoma Ward 5, Pierce, Washington
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Gender: Male
Year of Immigration: 1905
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Harry Noble 34
Renda Noble 22
Mickial Blsay 2
Frances Blsay 8/12
Brown Sonett 23
Nick Sossie 22
Harry could be Cirillo???? you know the birthyear? in WWII draft registration card the only people that I found with this surname and coming from right birthplace is :
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Olivo Nobili
Name: Olivo Nobili
Birth Date: 18 Mar 1894
RESIDENCE: Contra Costa, California
Birth: Queneu Guano, Italy (Giuncugnano)
Race: White
Roll: WWII_1838081
regards,
suanj
in adding of other records above, well in Tacoma, Pierce, WA it are only this people with the englicized surname:
1910 United States Federal Census
about Harry Noble
Name: Harry Noble
Age in 1910: 34
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1876
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Spouse's Name: Renda
Home in 1910: Tacoma Ward 5, Pierce, Washington
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Gender: Male
Year of Immigration: 1905
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Harry Noble 34
Renda Noble 22
Mickial Blsay 2
Frances Blsay 8/12
Brown Sonett 23
Nick Sossie 22
Harry could be Cirillo???? you know the birthyear? in WWII draft registration card the only people that I found with this surname and coming from right birthplace is :
U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942
about Olivo Nobili
Name: Olivo Nobili
Birth Date: 18 Mar 1894
RESIDENCE: Contra Costa, California
Birth: Queneu Guano, Italy (Giuncugnano)
Race: White
Roll: WWII_1838081
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Some nice late 19th/early 20th century historical pics of Treadwell
http://vilda.alaska.edu/cdm4/results.ph ... OSTART=1,1
Biff
http://vilda.alaska.edu/cdm4/results.ph ... OSTART=1,1
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Hi,
thanks you alls,
it's difficult for me to express myself in english, but... forza Italia!
If Cinibol Nobili was Cirillo Nobili, he arrived in N.Y. the 3/3/1907 and he had as final destination N. Yakima (Wa)
Four mounths later his brother Fortunato Nobili (son of Felice at Ponteccio) arrived in N.Y and he had as final destination his brother Cirillo Nobili at Tacoma (WA) probably a port to joint Alaska.
Fortunato came back to Ponteccio, but he returned to USA in 1911, he arrived in N.Y. sept. the 8 and he had as final destination his brother Nobili Cirillo at Douglas (Alaska) Particularity thanks to VJ. Perhaps Cerello Noble is my uncle, but I think that Frank Nobilli is not Fortunato (he was 26 years old in 1911).
To suanj:
I think that Harry Noble is not Fortunato, in 1911 he was 26 years old (Ellis Island records).
I think that Nobili Olivo you noted is the brother of Cirillo and Fortunato, but I have as birth date march the 28.
Ciao a tutti e a presto,
Claude
thanks you alls,
it's difficult for me to express myself in english, but... forza Italia!
If Cinibol Nobili was Cirillo Nobili, he arrived in N.Y. the 3/3/1907 and he had as final destination N. Yakima (Wa)
Four mounths later his brother Fortunato Nobili (son of Felice at Ponteccio) arrived in N.Y and he had as final destination his brother Cirillo Nobili at Tacoma (WA) probably a port to joint Alaska.
Fortunato came back to Ponteccio, but he returned to USA in 1911, he arrived in N.Y. sept. the 8 and he had as final destination his brother Nobili Cirillo at Douglas (Alaska) Particularity thanks to VJ. Perhaps Cerello Noble is my uncle, but I think that Frank Nobilli is not Fortunato (he was 26 years old in 1911).
To suanj:
I think that Harry Noble is not Fortunato, in 1911 he was 26 years old (Ellis Island records).
I think that Nobili Olivo you noted is the brother of Cirillo and Fortunato, but I have as birth date march the 28.
Ciao a tutti e a presto,
Claude
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Hi,
PS: what the minning of "roomer"?
PS: what the minning of "roomer"?
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Hi,
I forgot my question: Cirillo Nobili very problably was minning in Alaska and Fortunato arrived in N.Y. in 1911.... but later? Have they descendency?
Claude
I forgot my question: Cirillo Nobili very problably was minning in Alaska and Fortunato arrived in N.Y. in 1911.... but later? Have they descendency?
Claude
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
HI Claude
Roomer = boarder. A person who rents one room in a house. My English to Italian dictionary uses the word "pensionante"
Good luck with your search.
Debbie
Roomer = boarder. A person who rents one room in a house. My English to Italian dictionary uses the word "pensionante"
Good luck with your search.
Debbie
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Ciao Claub,
Yakima is a mistake. It is Tacoma. They both went to Tacoma
and then to Alaska. There are many mistakes in dates and years in the census and in ship's records. I think that Fortunato and Frank could be the same person. I will look for Olivo's Ellis Island manifest.
Maybe someone can check the 1920, 30 censuses to see if Cirillo or Frank show up anywhere.
You do very well expressing yourself in English

Yakima is a mistake. It is Tacoma. They both went to Tacoma
and then to Alaska. There are many mistakes in dates and years in the census and in ship's records. I think that Fortunato and Frank could be the same person. I will look for Olivo's Ellis Island manifest.
Maybe someone can check the 1920, 30 censuses to see if Cirillo or Frank show up anywhere.
You do very well expressing yourself in English
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
I found Olivo, but when I try to pull up the manifest it says, "no image available" 
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 0325140625
Can someone try on Ancestry?
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/passR ... 0325140625
Can someone try on Ancestry?
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Hi,
Image is not avaliable now, but I found it same time ago:
Nobili Olivo arrived in N.Y. December the 23th 1920 with the SS. Re d'Italia (pages 254 and 255). He had as final destination the cousin Nobili Domenico (brother of my grandfather) at Cleveland (OH), leaving at Ponteccio the father Nobili Felice.
He traveled with Nobili Giuseppe (anather brother of my grand father)...
Giuseppe came back to Italy same years later
Olivo moved to Contra Costa (CA)
Also Olivo came back in Ponteccio (its birthplace) married Maria (Giovanna) Nobili and, with the sister of Maria, they retourned in Clalifornia
I do non know the year.
Ciao Claude
D
Image is not avaliable now, but I found it same time ago:
Nobili Olivo arrived in N.Y. December the 23th 1920 with the SS. Re d'Italia (pages 254 and 255). He had as final destination the cousin Nobili Domenico (brother of my grandfather) at Cleveland (OH), leaving at Ponteccio the father Nobili Felice.
He traveled with Nobili Giuseppe (anather brother of my grand father)...
Giuseppe came back to Italy same years later
Olivo moved to Contra Costa (CA)
Also Olivo came back in Ponteccio (its birthplace) married Maria (Giovanna) Nobili and, with the sister of Maria, they retourned in Clalifornia
I do non know the year.
Ciao Claude
D
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957Claub wrote:Hi,
Image is not avaliable now, but I found it same time ago:
Nobili Olivo arrived in N.Y. December the 23th 1920 with the SS. Re d'Italia (pages 254 and 255). He had as final destination the cousin Nobili Domenico (brother of my grandfather) at Cleveland (OH), leaving at Ponteccio the father Nobili Felice.
He traveled with Nobili Giuseppe (anather brother of my grand father)...
Giuseppe came back to Italy same years later
Olivo moved to Contra Costa (CA)
Also Olivo came back in Ponteccio (its birthplace) married Maria (Giovanna) Nobili and, with the sister of Maria, they retourned in Clalifornia
I do non know the year.
Ciao Claude
D
about Olivo Nobili
Name: Olivo Nobili
Arrival Date: 9 May 1932
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Genoa, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Roma
Search Ship Database: View the Roma in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Nativity: Italy
Line: 17
Microfilm Serial: T715
Microfilm Roll: T715_5152
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: ponteccio
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/912/ ... li1qd2.jpg in travel with Giovanna .....
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH


