HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
I searched on Ellis Island and found these 3 records for Serafina Casazza.
Thought I don't think the 3rd one is her since she would be to young. I think number 1 cold be since it says Marital Status = W.
1.
First Name: Serafina
Last Name: Casazza
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Genova
Date of Arrival: Oct 14, 1908
Age at Arrival: 43y Gender: F Marital Status: W
Ship of Travel: Verona
Port of Departure: Genova
Manifest Line Number: 0011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
2.
First Name: Serafina
Last Name: Casazza
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Genoa
Date of Arrival: Dec 10, 1896
Age at Arrival: 15y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Fulda
Port of Departure: Genoa, Naples & Gibraltar
Manifest Line Number: 0023
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.
First Name: Serafina
Last Name: Casazza
Ethnicity:
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Nov 22, 1911
Age at Arrival: 13y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Berlin
Port of Departure: Genoa
Manifest Line Number: 0019
Thought I don't think the 3rd one is her since she would be to young. I think number 1 cold be since it says Marital Status = W.
1.
First Name: Serafina
Last Name: Casazza
Ethnicity: Italian South
Last Place of Residence: Genova
Date of Arrival: Oct 14, 1908
Age at Arrival: 43y Gender: F Marital Status: W
Ship of Travel: Verona
Port of Departure: Genova
Manifest Line Number: 0011
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
2.
First Name: Serafina
Last Name: Casazza
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: Genoa
Date of Arrival: Dec 10, 1896
Age at Arrival: 15y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Fulda
Port of Departure: Genoa, Naples & Gibraltar
Manifest Line Number: 0023
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3.
First Name: Serafina
Last Name: Casazza
Ethnicity:
Last Place of Residence:
Date of Arrival: Nov 22, 1911
Age at Arrival: 13y Gender: F Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Berlin
Port of Departure: Genoa
Manifest Line Number: 0019
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
I also looked up Giovanni Paganuzzi..I found this and it seems that it states that he was going to visit his cousin Angelo Paganuzzi.
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 3138110260
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 3138110260
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Hey Tammy!
I think the question may be, which manifests are you missing.
There’s a possibility you may find manifests for folks that are
related to your family. Some of these possibilities may list your
family as someone they are joining in the US.
What do you think?
Valarie
Short summary so far:
SOLARI
Quilico
1884 manifest, 1st trip?
1905 passport application
1906 Quilico & his mother Maria
PAGANUSSI/PAGANUZZI
Giovanni
1893 manifest 1st trip
- note joining brother who may also be on the 1905 manifest below
1905 manifest, return trip
Daughter Serafina (Sadie)
1905 manifest 1st trip traveling with her mother Maria (Anna) Casassa
CASASSA/CASAZZA
Anna
1899 manifest 1st trip?
- traveling with her mother Serafina, brother Antonio & sister Maria
1905 manifest, return trip
CAVAGNARO
Serafina
1899 manifest 1st trip, traveling with her children, joining another son?
I think the question may be, which manifests are you missing.
There’s a possibility you may find manifests for folks that are
related to your family. Some of these possibilities may list your
family as someone they are joining in the US.
What do you think?
Valarie
Short summary so far:
SOLARI
Quilico
1884 manifest, 1st trip?
1905 passport application
1906 Quilico & his mother Maria
PAGANUSSI/PAGANUZZI
Giovanni
1893 manifest 1st trip
- note joining brother who may also be on the 1905 manifest below
1905 manifest, return trip
Daughter Serafina (Sadie)
1905 manifest 1st trip traveling with her mother Maria (Anna) Casassa
CASASSA/CASAZZA
Anna
1899 manifest 1st trip?
- traveling with her mother Serafina, brother Antonio & sister Maria
1905 manifest, return trip
CAVAGNARO
Serafina
1899 manifest 1st trip, traveling with her children, joining another son?
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Yes, you are right. I know that I'm probably asking a lot but it would be nice to go back a little further or find out if Serafina and Giovanni Paganuzzi had any brothers or sisters, cousins. I think we did find some cousins that lived next to them in Somerville, MA. How far back do you think we could go or find?
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
In the US, Somerville was incorporated abt 1842, Middlesex county records go back to the early 1640's.
example of an available database
- ancestry.com has census records/tax lists in some cases back to the 1790's
- ancestry also has manifests back to the early 1800's
note: your local library may offer free access to ancestry's library edition
The problem may be finding the 'connection' of any of these folks that you may find to your family.
---
Are you familiar with the microfilmed records from Italy
that you can order and view at your local Family History
Center?
Homepage
catalog search
example: Varsi
Civil Records (birth marriage death)
Italy, Parma, Varsi - Civil registration
Registri dello stato civile di Varsi (Parma), 1806-1910 Varsi (Parma). Ufficio dello stato civile
Church Records
Italy, Parma, Varsi - Church records
Registri ecclesiastici, 1590-1924 Chiesa cattolica. San Pietro Apostolo (Varsi)
example of an available database
- ancestry.com has census records/tax lists in some cases back to the 1790's
- ancestry also has manifests back to the early 1800's
note: your local library may offer free access to ancestry's library edition
The problem may be finding the 'connection' of any of these folks that you may find to your family.
---
Are you familiar with the microfilmed records from Italy
that you can order and view at your local Family History
Center?
Homepage
catalog search
example: Varsi
Civil Records (birth marriage death)
Italy, Parma, Varsi - Civil registration
Registri dello stato civile di Varsi (Parma), 1806-1910 Varsi (Parma). Ufficio dello stato civile
Church Records
Italy, Parma, Varsi - Church records
Registri ecclesiastici, 1590-1924 Chiesa cattolica. San Pietro Apostolo (Varsi)
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Paganussi/Paganuzzi/Casassa/Casazza
This may help make some connections:
Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841 - 1910
NEHGS Marriage Index for Boston 1904
Vol 549 Page 218
25 Sep 1904
Giovanni A Paganuzzi
37 yrs old (abt 1867)
1st marriage
Residence Somerville
Occupation in Jewelry Facty
Born in Italy
Parents
Domenico Paganuzzi
Filomena Carpanini
Annie Casassa
25 yrs old (abt 1879)
1st marriage
Residence Somerville
Occupation in Jewelry Facty
Born in Italy
Parents
Carlo Casassa
Serafina Cavagnaro
Married by Roberto Biasotti Pr (priest)
12 North Sq
Note: there may be more information on the church records:
Sacred Heart Church
12 North Square
Boston, MA 02113
parish website
This may help make some connections:
Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841 - 1910
NEHGS Marriage Index for Boston 1904
Vol 549 Page 218
25 Sep 1904
Giovanni A Paganuzzi
37 yrs old (abt 1867)
1st marriage
Residence Somerville
Occupation in Jewelry Facty
Born in Italy
Parents
Domenico Paganuzzi
Filomena Carpanini
Annie Casassa
25 yrs old (abt 1879)
1st marriage
Residence Somerville
Occupation in Jewelry Facty
Born in Italy
Parents
Carlo Casassa
Serafina Cavagnaro
Married by Roberto Biasotti Pr (priest)
12 North Sq
Note: there may be more information on the church records:
Sacred Heart Church
12 North Square
Boston, MA 02113
parish website
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
OMG!! Thank you soo much! I didn't know about the microfilm..I can't belive you even found the priests name! thank you!!!
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Tammy,
I should have looked for the 'misspelling' yesterday.
It's nice to have confirmation of Serafina's maiden name
.
The Family History Center is a wonderful resource for millions
of records worldwide. The folks who work at your local center
are usually very helpful.
Valarie
I should have looked for the 'misspelling' yesterday.
It's nice to have confirmation of Serafina's maiden name
The Family History Center is a wonderful resource for millions
of records worldwide. The folks who work at your local center
are usually very helpful.
Valarie
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Solari
Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841 - 1910
NEHGS Marriage Index for Boston 1889
Vol 399 Page 21
20 Jan1889
Recorded 9 Feb 1889
Quilico Solari
22 yrs old (abt 1867)
1st marriage
Residence Lawrence
Occupation Fruit Dealer
Born in Italy
Parents
Giuseppe Solari
Maria
Gustina Bacigalupo
17 yrs old (abt 1872)
1st marriage
Residence Boston
Occupation Candy Maker
Born in Boston
Parents
Francesco Bacigalupo
Antonia
Married by Francis Faboglio
Boston
---
Two Directory Listings:
1889 Lawrence
1910 Amesbury (odd misspelling)
Massachusetts Vital Records, 1841 - 1910
NEHGS Marriage Index for Boston 1889
Vol 399 Page 21
20 Jan1889
Recorded 9 Feb 1889
Quilico Solari
22 yrs old (abt 1867)
1st marriage
Residence Lawrence
Occupation Fruit Dealer
Born in Italy
Parents
Giuseppe Solari
Maria
Gustina Bacigalupo
17 yrs old (abt 1872)
1st marriage
Residence Boston
Occupation Candy Maker
Born in Boston
Parents
Francesco Bacigalupo
Antonia
Married by Francis Faboglio
Boston
---
Two Directory Listings:
1889 Lawrence
1910 Amesbury (odd misspelling)
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Thank you for the parents information! I looked up some micro film and I'm going to visit our local genelogical area in the local library to see if they can order something like this. Thanks again! I will let you know what I find! 
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Hey Tammy,stewey75 wrote:Thank you for the parents information! I looked up some micro film and I'm going to visit our local genelogical area in the local library to see if they can order something like this. Thanks again! I will let you know what I find!
don't forget to see what free databases they
have online for genealogy
If you want to order microfilm from the FamilySearch site,
it's only available from your local Family History Center.
This page has the information on how to find the one near you.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/default.asp
Valarie
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Thanks Valarie! Our local library doesn't have much different free websites then we have access too. I think the New England one is the only one that I would like access too.
I found that Lynnfield Ma is the nearest center which is only about 30 minutes away! May have to make a trip next week!!!
Thank again! Tammy
I found that Lynnfield Ma is the nearest center which is only about 30 minutes away! May have to make a trip next week!!!
Thank again! Tammy
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Tammy,
I forgot, you probably need to call first - most
centers have limited hours.
Have a great time!
Valarie
I forgot, you probably need to call first - most
centers have limited hours.
Have a great time!
Valarie
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
ohh great..thanks for the heads up! Thanks I will..boy, I love this! It's soo interesting! Do you just help people search for ancestors for Italian or other countries?
Re: HELP...In Search of 3 family Surnames...
Hey Tammy,
On this forum we try to stick to only Italian families in any country.
We also have German, Polish, Dutch and Irish Forums
(links on the left side of the page near the top)
I noticed James B has found some of your folks on the Canadian Forum
!
(If you mean me, I mostly hang out here
and here: Genealogy-Forum.Net)
Valarie
On this forum we try to stick to only Italian families in any country.
We also have German, Polish, Dutch and Irish Forums
(links on the left side of the page near the top)
I noticed James B has found some of your folks on the Canadian Forum
(If you mean me, I mostly hang out here
and here: Genealogy-Forum.Net)
Valarie

