Hi you alls,
some inquieries :
- abaut 1910, how many time had required to joint the state of Washinghton from New York City?
- immigrants were obliged to go to their final destination ?
- anyhow had they same help to go to ?
- what of formalities to emegred into the USA?
Thanks, Claude
Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Re: Looking in USA for 2 uncles Cirillo and Fortunato Nobili
Claub,
Here is a little information about the railroad to Washington State. I think the trip took about a month, depending on the weather.
http://historylink.org/essays/output.cfm?file_id=1322
I don't think they were forced to go to the destination they put on the ship's manifest. My Nonno said he was going to Boston, but went to New Jersey.
Some had help from their families, or maybe an employer might pay the way. Otherwise, they had to pay themselves.
I believe this is the right information, but if I am wrong, anyone can feel free to correct me.
Here is a little information about the railroad to Washington State. I think the trip took about a month, depending on the weather.
http://historylink.org/essays/output.cfm?file_id=1322
I don't think they were forced to go to the destination they put on the ship's manifest. My Nonno said he was going to Boston, but went to New Jersey.
Some had help from their families, or maybe an employer might pay the way. Otherwise, they had to pay themselves.
I believe this is the right information, but if I am wrong, anyone can feel free to correct me.

