Posante
Posante
I have been looking for some information about the Isadore Posante family--I believe from Sicily. It seems that I have hit a brick wall. On one surname map I saw the Posante name but no information was given. can anyone help? Barb
Re: Posante
Hi: .. are an record of Crocifissa Posanti : father Isidoro Posanti coming from Palermo town-Sicily; past's address Piazza Tavola Tonda 9-Palermo; surname associated Prestigiacomo;Barbhill wrote:I have been looking for some information about the Isadore Posante family--I believe from Sicily. It seems that I have hit a brick wall. On one surname map I saw the Posante name but no information was given. can anyone help? Barb
http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 0818110071
more are Isidoro Pusanti coming from Palermo emigrated in 1912 age 41 ( from familysearch.org Isadore Posante been born in 1871), wife Prestigiacomo Giacoma http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 1020070219
I think exact surname is Pusanti: are 4 Pusanti persons living in Palermo...
suggestions?
regards, suanj
In addition to above, there is a passenger record for an Isodoro Patane arriving on Aug. 7, 1906.
Coming from Giarre..... According to census records, he arrived in 1906.
If you need the census info for Isidoro, let us know and we will post. Both his family and that of his son Philip are listed in 1930 in KY.
Coming from Giarre..... According to census records, he arrived in 1906.
If you need the census info for Isidoro, let us know and we will post. Both his family and that of his son Philip are listed in 1930 in KY.
HI: Isidoro POSANTE= Birth: 26 Oct 1871 State Where Number was Issued: Kentucky Death: Nov 1967Essgee wrote:In addition to above, there is a passenger record for an Isodoro Patane arriving on Aug. 7, 1906.
Coming from Giarre..... According to census records, he arrived in 1906.
If you need the census info for Isidoro, let us know and we will post. Both his family and that of his son Philip are listed in 1930 in KY.
also are 2 records for different Isidoro Pisanti emigrated in 1903 and in 1905...
but are also an record very interesting: Isidoro Pusanti emigrated in 1906(misspelled first name Fidoro, but really from reading ship's manifest is ISIDORO), coming from Monreale(misspelled Monzeale) age 34: http://www.ellisislandrecords.org/searc ... 2273170400
I think that Posante surname is very different of Patanè surname...
regards, suanj
- adrian.sciacca
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 30 Dec 2008, 19:35
Re: Posante
mi bisabuela se llamaba rosario patane y era de giarre, casada con francesco sciacca
Re: Posante
My grandfather was named Angelo Patane and he was from Giarre. He was only 11 when he immigrated on March 26, 1917. I wonder if Isodoro Patane is any kin.
I know that my grandfather was 1 of 9 children. He was the youngest.
I know that my grandfather was 1 of 9 children. He was the youngest.

