I plan to visit Nusco and have only one day, Nov. 5, 2008. I would like to hire a translator (possibly a student) to accompany my husband and myself
around the village. Does anyone have any idea how I can go about this? I have emailed the village offices, but have not received a reply.
Thanks
Maryalice Barbe
Need to hire translator in Nusco Nov. 5 2008
Re: Need to hire translator in Nusco Nov. 5 2008
If you need someone to accompany you and translate what is being said then you need to ask about an INTERPRETER.
Someone who can interpret what is being said (spoken) will be easier to find than a 'translator' who deals with the written word. I would hazard a guess that many students could 'interpret' for you, but very few would know sufficient English to 'translate' properly. That 'may' be why no one replied to you...
Someone who can interpret what is being said (spoken) will be easier to find than a 'translator' who deals with the written word. I would hazard a guess that many students could 'interpret' for you, but very few would know sufficient English to 'translate' properly. That 'may' be why no one replied to you...
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Need to hire translator in Nusco Nov. 5 2008
I can e-mail my cousin in Italy and see if he has any suggestions for you. My family is also from Nusco, and still have family there. Have you done any research on your ancestors?
Sherry
Sherry
Re: Need to hire translator in Nusco Nov. 5 2008
I can advise you to contact Joe de Simone:
54 Via Maria Scarano
Quadrelle Avellino I-83020
Italy Phone:+39 081 8257020 +39 333 9364571
Joe is born, raised and educated in the US from Italian parents who always maintained close ties with the "old country", and returned to Italy in 1982 to re-establish his roots.
Joe is also a genealogy professional.
54 Via Maria Scarano
Quadrelle Avellino I-83020
Italy Phone:+39 081 8257020 +39 333 9364571
Joe is born, raised and educated in the US from Italian parents who always maintained close ties with the "old country", and returned to Italy in 1982 to re-establish his roots.
Joe is also a genealogy professional.



