I need someone to translate some thing for me. It is wording under a family crest. Problem is I cant attach it to this site, it says file too large.
Any ideas??
Need translation.......
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Need translation.......
Yes print it out and send it here and we can find one of those outfits that peddle family crests for a translation if we cannot translate it for you. =Peter=
Re: Need translation.......
Davi Crest onmy Photobucket
maybe this will work....here is link to it..
maybe this will work....here is link to it..
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Need translation.......
came thru fine..will translate asap. =Peter=
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Need translation.......
DAVI
Davi or Davo under service to Palatini counts of Emporer Sigismondo numbering 7 and one young Francesco Senator and Ducal secretary in 1580. The (family) enjoyed nobility in Naples and Sicily. The family divided into various branches who were recognized in Naples, Palermo and Messina. The family boasted of many illustrious men. Antonio, Captain of Justice and treasury and general of the Royal head(cranium?) in 1600. Carlo, knight of the order of Jerusalem and General of the Spanish army in 1620 and 1655......
=Peter=
Davi or Davo under service to Palatini counts of Emporer Sigismondo numbering 7 and one young Francesco Senator and Ducal secretary in 1580. The (family) enjoyed nobility in Naples and Sicily. The family divided into various branches who were recognized in Naples, Palermo and Messina. The family boasted of many illustrious men. Antonio, Captain of Justice and treasury and general of the Royal head(cranium?) in 1600. Carlo, knight of the order of Jerusalem and General of the Spanish army in 1620 and 1655......
=Peter=
Re: Need translation.......
Well thats nice. Not really sure I understand what it means...
Thank you for doing that!
Now I can share it with others.
Do you know what knight of the order of Jerusalem is...
I guess I can google that.
Thanks again!
Thank you for doing that!
Now I can share it with others.
Do you know what knight of the order of Jerusalem is...
I guess I can google that.
Thanks again!
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Need translation.......
This is what follows under a history of the name Davi or Dovi and is a succinct summary history of the family. This sort of summary is customary for histories associated with family crests or heraldry.
I was under the impression it might have been a latin expression under a family crest but realzied as soon as I saw it that it was a recitation of family nobility highlights. =Peter=
I was under the impression it might have been a latin expression under a family crest but realzied as soon as I saw it that it was a recitation of family nobility highlights. =Peter=

