Hello again,
I've been trying to find the manifest for Elisa Facenda, wife of Tomasso /Thomas Facenda. I know they were together in New York in 1899 and the 1910 census has them listed as being married for 14 years.
There is a Tomasso Facenda listed on the ship Suevia arrived 26 May 1890, but no Elisa. Tomasso had a wife and children in Italy... so I'm thinking he went back to Italy because the dates the children were born by his first wife are after 1899. Can anyone help solve this puzzle? I've searched but no luck so far.
If I can find when they both arrived in the U.S. it would solve so many questions. Thank you again for all your help. Kimm
When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
what town in Italy? Posssibilty her last name famigliari was mispelled,garbled or missing. Any children names? =Peter=
Re: When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
From Castlegarden.org:
ELISA FAMILIAR
Occupation TAILOR
Age 21
Sex F
Literacy Y
Ship ALLER
Arrived 9 Aug 1899
Origin ITALY
Port GENOA
Last Residence
Destination 7788
Plan Unknown
Passage Unknown
Laura
ELISA FAMILIAR
Occupation TAILOR
Age 21
Sex F
Literacy Y
Ship ALLER
Arrived 9 Aug 1899
Origin ITALY
Port GENOA
Last Residence
Destination 7788
Plan Unknown
Passage Unknown
Laura
Re: When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
Here is the manifest from Ancestry.com:
travelling with her husband Tommaso...
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Elisa Familiara
Name: Elisa Familiara
Arrival Date: 9 Aug 1899
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian
Ship Name: Aller
Search Ship Database: View the Aller in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 21
Microfilm Serial: 15
Microfilm Roll: T715_77
Page Number: 213
[img=http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4949 ... tt4.th.jpg]
Laura
travelling with her husband Tommaso...
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Elisa Familiara
Name: Elisa Familiara
Arrival Date: 9 Aug 1899
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1878
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian
Ship Name: Aller
Search Ship Database: View the Aller in the 'Passenger Ships and Images' database
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Line: 21
Microfilm Serial: 15
Microfilm Roll: T715_77
Page Number: 213
[img=http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/4949 ... tt4.th.jpg]
Laura
Re: When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
Kimm,
they were coming from Campagna which is a town in Salerno Province, Campania Region.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campagna
Laura
they were coming from Campagna which is a town in Salerno Province, Campania Region.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campagna
Laura
Re: When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
Thank you so much... I can't believe you guys. I was going crazy. Everything is making sense. Tommaso did indeed go back to Italy fathered 4 children to his first wife, left and sailed to America with Elisa. In the U.S. he fathered 9 more children... all with Elisa.
His first wife died and Tommaso put the youngest child in an orphange. Now I have to find the date his first wife Cesarina Palladino died just to make sure he wasn't still married to her when he left Italy with Elisa. Too bad he didn't take his youngest daughter with him. She never forgave him.
His first wife died and Tommaso put the youngest child in an orphange. Now I have to find the date his first wife Cesarina Palladino died just to make sure he wasn't still married to her when he left Italy with Elisa. Too bad he didn't take his youngest daughter with him. She never forgave him.
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
Dear Laura Give your self a raise!! =Peter=
Re: When did Elisa Famigliari Facenda arrive in America
I second that!!!
