It says:
Oggetto: Richiesta copia dell' esito di leva e del foglio matricolare di Michele Zirollo nato nel 1856 circa.
In risposta alla sua lettera del 22.08.08, prot. 6396, dobbiamo purtroppo comunicarle che senza conoscere il luogo di nascita della persona in oggetto non e possibile reperire i documenti richiesti perche gli esiti di leva ed i fogli matricolari sono stati versati e conservati in Archivio per Comune di nascita, non sono corredati da indici nominativi per effetuare la ricerca ed i dati non sono stati digitalizzati.
Cordiali saluti.
I received this letter as a response to my asking for Michele Zirollo's military record in the liste di leva. I think the letter says that they have their documents archived by city/town. But maybe I'm not understanding properly. I thought the registri di leva was archived by date and that was one of the reasons many genealogists refer to that registry to find the birthplace. Can someone please clear this up for me and give me advice on what to do next?
Thousand thanks in advance.
Help needed translating letter
- TheInvisibleFisherman
- Newbie

- Posts: 18
- Joined: 19 Jul 2008, 05:01
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Help needed translating letter
Yes they cannot find the document unless you provide them with the birth location.