Hi, I need help.
I have been in contact with a young gal from Monreale Sicily. She is looking for family in the states. She says, they came to the States under the name Romanotto, but the name was changed to Romano.
The people she is looking for are,
Maria Romano
Marianna Romano
Antonino Romano
I have searched these names in the phone book, called the ones listed, who claim they are not from Monreale, some being from Portuagal. So, I am at a dead end at this point.
I haven't been able to get her to understand that there are many Romano's in the USA, and they are not all related. I know because my Grandmother was a Romano, and have not found one related to me as yet living in the states. My Grandparents were from Monreale, but I had never heard the name Romanotto before.
My next step was to see if I could get help from someone on line, or if someone reconized the names and town these people came from.
It would be greatly appreciated if something were found on the above names and posted for me, then I will send the infomation to her.
She is really expecting me to find out something..I hate to disappoint her.
Again, anything will help,
Thank you so much
Ceil
Romanotto, Romano from Monreale
Re: Romanotto, Romano from Monreale
Welcome to IG!
Do you have an idea of when immigration occured?
Any birthdates, even the year would help.
wldspirit
Do you have an idea of when immigration occured?
Any birthdates, even the year would help.
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Romanotto, Romano from Monreale
Go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put in Romano in the upper left and when the map of Italy shows the current distribution of the Romano surname in Italy you can also clickon the American flag to the left and find allRomanos who are in the USA. Hope this helps.=Peter=
Re: Romanotto, Romano from Monreale
Thank goodness!! I thought I was losing my mind. Couldn't find my response, but found other responses made before mine.wldspirit wrote:We have two threads going for same topic,![]()
It's much easier for those helping in the search if we limit post to one thread.....that way members can follow along in what has and hasn't been tried.....
wldspirit
misbris wrote:Do you have any idea as to when these people emigrated? Did any have spouses? Were any going to another family member? Those names might help. If the women married, they would be very difficult to trace.
Re: Romanotto, Romano from Monreale
Banish the very thoughtI thought I was losing my mind
Unless your my age......then you start having Alzheimer moments!!
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

