Looking for Giordanelli Information
Looking for Giordanelli Information
I would like to find information about my MIL's family. She lived in the Bronx and came to US from Naples, Italy. Born 2/8/1918. I understand the family had a title in Naples but it was taken during the war times. Supposedly there is a monument in the Naples area dedicated to the family. How would I find more information about the family history. Her name is Esther B Giordanelli.
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Welcome to the forum
!
We would be happy to help.
Do you need assistance with Esther's US records, or do
you already have them (immigration, birth, marriage, census, etc.)?
These records should reveal information for the family's
town of origin in Italy - Italian records are kept at the comune
(town) level. Note - Naples is a town and a province.
Do you know Esther's parents names? Siblings?
Was Giordanelli her maiden name?
Thanks! Valarie
We would be happy to help.
Do you need assistance with Esther's US records, or do
you already have them (immigration, birth, marriage, census, etc.)?
These records should reveal information for the family's
town of origin in Italy - Italian records are kept at the comune
(town) level. Note - Naples is a town and a province.
Do you know Esther's parents names? Siblings?
Was Giordanelli her maiden name?
Thanks! Valarie
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
1920 census: If this is the correct family, father immigrated in 1908, naturalized in 1916.
1920 United States Federal Census
Name: Ester Giordanelli
[Ester Geordanelli]
Home in 1920: Manhattan Assembly District 20, New York, New York
Age: 2 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1918
Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Henry
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Name: Emma
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Female
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Image: 598
Household Members: Name Age
Henry Giordanelli 36
Emma Giordanelli 32
Ester Giordanelli 2
Corneluis Giordanelli 5/12
wldspirit
1920 United States Federal Census
Name: Ester Giordanelli
[Ester Geordanelli]
Home in 1920: Manhattan Assembly District 20, New York, New York
Age: 2 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1918
Birthplace: New York
Relation to Head of House: Daughter
Father's Name: Henry
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Name: Emma
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Female
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Image: 598
Household Members: Name Age
Henry Giordanelli 36
Emma Giordanelli 32
Ester Giordanelli 2
Corneluis Giordanelli 5/12
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Hi wldspirit
!
If you found the correct Esther, these may help.
Valarie
wldsprit’s census find:
possible 1920 census
page 2
---
These may help locate New York City records:
Dr Steve Morse One Step Search Pages for New York
NY Naturalization
NYC Birth Records 1891-1902 (requires ancestry. com subscription)
NYC Groom Index 1864-1936
NYC Bride Index ????-1937
edit: added
NYC Death Records 1891-1948
Ordering NYC Vital Records
New York City Archives
Possible marriage records:
Surname/Given Name/Month of Marriage/Day of Marriage/Year of Marriage/County/Certificate
Number
Groom Giordanelli Enrico May 27 1917 Manhattan 15464
Bride Cavallo Emerenziana May 27 1917 Manhattan 15464
---
Groom Conway Jerome J Oct 3 1936 Manhattan 24252
Bride Giordanelli Esther Oct 3 1936 24252
If you found the correct Esther, these may help.
Valarie
wldsprit’s census find:
possible 1920 census
page 2
---
These may help locate New York City records:
Dr Steve Morse One Step Search Pages for New York
NY Naturalization
NYC Birth Records 1891-1902 (requires ancestry. com subscription)
NYC Groom Index 1864-1936
NYC Bride Index ????-1937
edit: added
NYC Death Records 1891-1948
Ordering NYC Vital Records
New York City Archives
Possible marriage records:
Surname/Given Name/Month of Marriage/Day of Marriage/Year of Marriage/County/Certificate
Number
Groom Giordanelli Enrico May 27 1917 Manhattan 15464
Bride Cavallo Emerenziana May 27 1917 Manhattan 15464
---
Groom Conway Jerome J Oct 3 1936 Manhattan 24252
Bride Giordanelli Esther Oct 3 1936 24252
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Same family as wldspirit’s 1920 census find?
possible 1930 census
Home in 1930:
235 East 124th St
Manhattan, New York, New York
Head Harry Geordanelli 44, abt 1886 IT
Wife Emernzian Geordanelli 42, abt 1888 IT
Daughter Esther Geordanelli 12, abt 1918 NY
possible 1930 census
Home in 1930:
235 East 124th St
Manhattan, New York, New York
Head Harry Geordanelli 44, abt 1886 IT
Wife Emernzian Geordanelli 42, abt 1888 IT
Daughter Esther Geordanelli 12, abt 1918 NY
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Having connection problems.....cloud coverage......
Took a casual look thru manifest, No Enrico on correct spelling.
He did travel to Italy in the 1950's, but nothing to be had in way of
information.
Naturalization record should show town of origin, as well as marriage application.
Perhaps a ship manifest can be found for father of Esther.
wldspirit
Took a casual look thru manifest, No Enrico on correct spelling.
He did travel to Italy in the 1950's, but nothing to be had in way of
information.
Naturalization record should show town of origin, as well as marriage application.
Perhaps a ship manifest can be found for father of Esther.
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Located a name of interest, but connection won't let me access it......
Errico Giordanelli
port - napoli
age - 23
year - 1906
Perhaps you can access it VJ??
wldspirit
Errico Giordanelli
port - napoli
age - 23
year - 1906
Perhaps you can access it VJ??
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
You bet!, found it on Ellis Island site:wldspirit wrote:Located a name of interest, but connection won't let me access it......
Errico Giordanelli
port - napoli
age - 23
year - 1906
Perhaps you can access it VJ??
wldspirit
1906 manifest
edit: added detail
2 Aug 1906 SS Konigin Luise Naples to NY
Line 30
Errico Giordanelli 23 (abt 1883)
- single
- tailor
- last residence Napoli
- destination NY
- joining brother Carlo at 2109 E 1st St?
---
Also 1913 possibility, 2nd trip?
1913 manifest
page 2
edit: added detail
19 Feb 1913 SS Stampalia Napoli to NY
Line 3
Ernico Giordanelli 30 (abt 1883)
- single
- last residence Napoli
- in Napoli, no one
- destination NY
- in US 1905/1911 in NY
- joining uncle Andrea Russo t 268 E 62nd? St
- born in Napoli
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Glad you printed out that info, I've been trying all this time
just to access your links.....
So much for the speed of wireless......
I'm ready to move back to the city just so I can have high speed internet
and cable tv!!!
I'm out for the day......happy hunting!!
Lee
just to access your links.....
So much for the speed of wireless......
I'm ready to move back to the city just so I can have high speed internet
and cable tv!!!
I'm out for the day......happy hunting!!
Lee
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
VJ...not sure of the other matches.but the bride and groom for Esther Girodanelli and Jerome Conway is a match. They were married and he is the father of my ex-husband.
So with this match would I be able to find her parents. My MIL never really spoke of her mother but more so about her father. I am not sure of the parents names. There was never any mention of her having a brother or sister so I am assuming she was the only child.
So with this match would I be able to find her parents. My MIL never really spoke of her mother but more so about her father. I am not sure of the parents names. There was never any mention of her having a brother or sister so I am assuming she was the only child.
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
vj wrote:Same family as wldspirit’s 1920 census find?
possible 1930 census
Home in 1930:
235 East 124th St
Manhattan, New York, New York
Head Harry Geordanelli 44, abt 1886 IT
Wife Emernzian Geordanelli 42, abt 1888 IT
Daughter Esther Geordanelli 12, abt 1918 NY
This looks like a match but looking at the signatures in the 1930 census I am guessing it was written as Giordanelli but does look like "Geor". My money is on this as a match. Thank you so much everyone for your help.
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
I'm glad we could help.wnygrl585 wrote:VJ...not sure of the other matches.but the bride and groom for Esther Girodanelli and Jerome Conway is a match. They were married and he is the father of my ex-husband.
So with this match would I be able to find her parents. My MIL never really spoke of her mother but more so about her father. I am not sure of the parents names. There was never any mention of her having a brother or sister so I am assuming she was the only child.
There's a link above the marriage records for ordering them.
It should list Esther's parents.
If you check the death index in the same post, I think you'll find that
Esther's brother (on the 1920 census that wldspirit found) died in 1920:
possible death record
Giordanelli Corrato (americanized to Cornelius?) 10 m Jul 13 1920 21072 Manhattan 1919 - 1920
Valarie
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Hi, Noticed in one of vj's replies the mention of a Emerenziana Cavallo. My grandfather Giovanni Cavallo came to NY in 1911 from a small town in Campania named Piaggine. There were other Cavallos in the neighboring towns. I don't know if Emerenziana is related. Possibily this will be of some help if you are interested in researching that branch of your MIL's family. Good Luck
-
milagirl23
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Sep 2011, 09:46
Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Hello,
I am Esther Giordanelli's granddaughter. I was so happy to fun into all of this information. Please contact me, we are probably related.
I am Esther Giordanelli's granddaughter. I was so happy to fun into all of this information. Please contact me, we are probably related.

