Hello again! Many thanks for this information. This sounds like a wonderful resource. How do you go about accessing it? Is this information online? Can it be downloaded? I have many relatives from Vietri di Potenza and would love to be able to look through both. What else can you tell me?
Thank again for this wonderful information!
Ciao,
F-T
Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
- Felitti-Trimarco
- Rookie

- Posts: 87
- Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 00:42
- steinbergs
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 07:26
Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
I’m reluctant to pass on my unofficial modified copy of the database, as this needs to be maintained at a single source, in the village by Rocco Buongermino….. and eventually published online. I hope the extracts will steer you in the right direction for your research, but you will eventually need to confirm records with the original databse.
There are no birth record of Maria (all possible variations of her name), so not born in Vietri.
No marriage record, which confirms the above…as they usually get married at the brides place of birth.
Maybe 3 possible Vincenzo birth records (the ones born on dates before 1860, before their first child), but can’t confirm without his marriage record or some other eveidence. (see below)
Vincenzo and Maria are not parents on any of the Vietri marriage records, so Carlo and Felice may have married someone outside of the village or after 1900. If after 1900 the info will available at the town hall.
I have done wild searches on names and dates so confident on the information above.
FELITTI VINCENZO
VIETRI DI POTENZA 07/05/1817
M FELITTI LUIGI
F ADDESSO ROSA
FELITTI VINCENZO
VIETRI DI POTENZA 05/02/1825
M FELITTI MATTIA 40
F GORGA ROSA 36
FELITTI VINCENZO
VIETRI DI POTENZA 10/02/1825
M FELITTI DOMENICO 42
F GRANDE ISABELLA 40
There are no birth record of Maria (all possible variations of her name), so not born in Vietri.
No marriage record, which confirms the above…as they usually get married at the brides place of birth.
Maybe 3 possible Vincenzo birth records (the ones born on dates before 1860, before their first child), but can’t confirm without his marriage record or some other eveidence. (see below)
Vincenzo and Maria are not parents on any of the Vietri marriage records, so Carlo and Felice may have married someone outside of the village or after 1900. If after 1900 the info will available at the town hall.
I have done wild searches on names and dates so confident on the information above.
FELITTI VINCENZO
VIETRI DI POTENZA 07/05/1817
M FELITTI LUIGI
F ADDESSO ROSA
FELITTI VINCENZO
VIETRI DI POTENZA 05/02/1825
M FELITTI MATTIA 40
F GORGA ROSA 36
FELITTI VINCENZO
VIETRI DI POTENZA 10/02/1825
M FELITTI DOMENICO 42
F GRANDE ISABELLA 40
- Felitti-Trimarco
- Rookie

- Posts: 87
- Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 00:42
Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
Hi again! Thanks for the information. I'd love to somehow get a copy of the database, but also understand your reluctance to distribute it. I look forward to it being published online one day. Do you know if any such databases exist for other parts of the country? I have Trimarco relatives from Castullucio di Galdi (Salerno, but I believe the records are now is Sicignano). I'm having tremendous trouble locating these records and a database from that location would be fantastic! Also, any records for a Fedele Felitti in your archive? Fedele was the father of Pasquale Felitti. I'm interested to learn who the wife of Fedele was. I believe he was mayor of Vietri at one point, as was his grandson Vincenzo Felitti, who was husband to Mario DeLorenzo / DeLaurentiis.
Thanks again for all of this great information!
Best wishes,
FT
Thanks again for all of this great information!
Best wishes,
FT
- steinbergs
- Newbie

- Posts: 5
- Joined: 17 Oct 2008, 07:26
Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
I have had some luck...see below.
I was in Salerno at Easter looking for the 2 missing Vietri Chruch record books. There are three good sources of research that I found for Salerno....
Salerno University, Centro Studi Universita di Salerno (Fisciano).
Curia Arcivescovile Salerno, Via Roberto ol Guiscardo No 2 84125 Salerno.
Salerno-Campagna-Acerno Church Archives at www.diocesisalerno.it.
173x Felice Felitti
173x Lucrezia Renzi.
1757 Fedele
1740 Nicola
1757 Fedele Felitti
175x Maria Teti
1796 Fedrico
1811 Antonio
1806 Francesco
1789 Giuseppe
1800 Rosa
1805 Pasquale
1785 Felice
1790 Nicola
1784 Teresa
1875 Felice
1805 Gabriella
1787 Lucrezia
1783 Luigia
1805 Pasquale Felitti
180x Teresa Pariso
1824 Maria
1829 Vincenzo
1826 Carolina
1829 Vincenzo Felitti
182x Maria Di Lorenzo
The children you ready have
Please find attached all the raw marriage, births and death records for the names Carlo, Felice, Fedele, Pasquale, & Vincenzo.
Regards Charles
...........It will not allow spread sheet files to be attached....Please contact me via...... "me" plus the at sign "vietripz" add a dot "com".
I was in Salerno at Easter looking for the 2 missing Vietri Chruch record books. There are three good sources of research that I found for Salerno....
Salerno University, Centro Studi Universita di Salerno (Fisciano).
Curia Arcivescovile Salerno, Via Roberto ol Guiscardo No 2 84125 Salerno.
Salerno-Campagna-Acerno Church Archives at www.diocesisalerno.it.
173x Felice Felitti
173x Lucrezia Renzi.
1757 Fedele
1740 Nicola
1757 Fedele Felitti
175x Maria Teti
1796 Fedrico
1811 Antonio
1806 Francesco
1789 Giuseppe
1800 Rosa
1805 Pasquale
1785 Felice
1790 Nicola
1784 Teresa
1875 Felice
1805 Gabriella
1787 Lucrezia
1783 Luigia
1805 Pasquale Felitti
180x Teresa Pariso
1824 Maria
1829 Vincenzo
1826 Carolina
1829 Vincenzo Felitti
182x Maria Di Lorenzo
The children you ready have
Please find attached all the raw marriage, births and death records for the names Carlo, Felice, Fedele, Pasquale, & Vincenzo.
Regards Charles
...........It will not allow spread sheet files to be attached....Please contact me via...... "me" plus the at sign "vietripz" add a dot "com".
- Felitti-Trimarco
- Rookie

- Posts: 87
- Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 00:42
Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
Hi again! I tried messaging you but the e-mail as returned to me. Can you private message me your e-mail? Thank you so much! I look forward to hearing back from you!
F-T
F-T
Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
I am also interested in obtaining information about my family from Vietri di Potenza. My grandafather, Matteo De Pasquale, was born in Vietri in 1905. His mother's maiden name was Sica. Any information, or suggestions on how to go about obtaining some information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
- Felitti-Trimarco
- Rookie

- Posts: 87
- Joined: 20 Aug 2008, 00:42
Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
Hi there,
I hired someone in Utah (a professional genealogy researcher) to help me locate original birth records, marriage records, death records etc. I have had tremendous success with this. Luckily, the LDS in Utah had records for Vietri di Potenza that go very far back. I highly recommend Kathy Kirkpatrick with "Gentracer". I've done several projects with her and she has helped push my Felitti genealogy back at least 5 generations in all lines. For what you get, the price is reasonable. Her website is: http://www.gentracer.com/.
Please feel free to ask me any additional questions. I have had good luck with my research in Vietri di Potenza.
very best wishes,
Felitti-Trimarco
I hired someone in Utah (a professional genealogy researcher) to help me locate original birth records, marriage records, death records etc. I have had tremendous success with this. Luckily, the LDS in Utah had records for Vietri di Potenza that go very far back. I highly recommend Kathy Kirkpatrick with "Gentracer". I've done several projects with her and she has helped push my Felitti genealogy back at least 5 generations in all lines. For what you get, the price is reasonable. Her website is: http://www.gentracer.com/.
Please feel free to ask me any additional questions. I have had good luck with my research in Vietri di Potenza.
very best wishes,
Felitti-Trimarco
Re: Carlo Felitti - Vietri di Potenza
Thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate the assistance.