My Great Grandmother was given up for adoption in Italy I believe she was from the region of Campania, and her parents immigrated to America. My Grandmother told my family that the commune gave her the name Sparanza (Hope) and the surname Beatrice. However recently my mother read that this would have been illegal and that the surname had to be from the father.
My Great grandmother married Vincenzo Massaro. Had I think 3 children one being my Grandmother Pasqualina Massaro. Who married Domenico Salvati, who had 4 children. One being my Father, Bruno Salvati who married my mother from England Susan. Who then had me and my brother and sister. LOL
That's the story but now we seriously want to find out whether it's possible to trace the father and mother who went to America and if they had a family and what happened really.
Like I said its kind of a shot in the dark but thought maybe putting it online might get it rolling, but when I go back to Italy for the summer I will chase this up
Domenico Salvati
(Or Nico for short)



