Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's
Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's
Heard alot of negative! Any positive feedback on Miami's consulate. Also need documents translated... Anyone have contacts or maybe could reccomend someone?
Re: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's
Postitives:
1. Because they're so strict with the application, the recognition letter comes very quickly.
2. Virginia is pretty reasonable about which documents should be needed and which shouldn't be needed (i.e. she doesn't require documents from the "non-italian" side)
3. Good excuse to take a trip to Miami.
Translations: Lots of people recommend Gabriella. I used to have her contact info on ICGS, but that's down.
1. Because they're so strict with the application, the recognition letter comes very quickly.
2. Virginia is pretty reasonable about which documents should be needed and which shouldn't be needed (i.e. she doesn't require documents from the "non-italian" side)
3. Good excuse to take a trip to Miami.
Translations: Lots of people recommend Gabriella. I used to have her contact info on ICGS, but that's down.
Re: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's
hi Matta... Good to see you here. looks like a virus over at ICGS. much to my surprise, I received a phone call on Thursday from Virginia at the Miami Consulate in regards to an e-mail I sent there in reference to my daughter who is adopted and birth certificate info needed for her. Virginia was very cordial and helped me clarify the many questions I have had from the beginning. My experience so far has been a positive and look forward to meeting Virginia toward the end of 2009. Ditto on the recognition as stated by Virginia.. only a few weeks.
Re: Miami Consulate Help Translate Doc's
Hi there,
What matta has already mentioned is corect. I would add the following. I received my dual citizenship in November. Miami is ok with you doing your own translations. I was in a rush with my parents marriage cert and I used the masculine form of the words throughout the document. She went over it with a pen to correct my -o to -a endings.
Virginia is very friendly in person and also on the phone, also very helpful but not very flexible with LAST name mispellings. First names were ok when I was there. The turn around time for my mom's application was just under two weeks, I had to amend my own birth certificate for a one letter in my mom's maiden name. Since she was there with me and I also had her sign an affidavit about the name spellings, I was hoping Virginia would be ok with it, she wasn't.
After the initial appointment, I was able to amend my birth certificate and mail the amended certificate to Virginia. I received my letter of citizenship within a week or so afterwards.
In Miami, you do not need any death certificates. This was a big break for me as my application was GF->Mom->me and my GF's death certificate had his last name off by one letter. It would have required a court order to change the name.
When you apply for your passports, you can do it all by mail as long as you enclose a photocopy of your Italian Citizenship letter from the Miami Consulate. This saves the second trip and hotel to Miami and is money that can be spent on the first trip using the Italian passport.
Hope this helps
What matta has already mentioned is corect. I would add the following. I received my dual citizenship in November. Miami is ok with you doing your own translations. I was in a rush with my parents marriage cert and I used the masculine form of the words throughout the document. She went over it with a pen to correct my -o to -a endings.
Virginia is very friendly in person and also on the phone, also very helpful but not very flexible with LAST name mispellings. First names were ok when I was there. The turn around time for my mom's application was just under two weeks, I had to amend my own birth certificate for a one letter in my mom's maiden name. Since she was there with me and I also had her sign an affidavit about the name spellings, I was hoping Virginia would be ok with it, she wasn't.
After the initial appointment, I was able to amend my birth certificate and mail the amended certificate to Virginia. I received my letter of citizenship within a week or so afterwards.
In Miami, you do not need any death certificates. This was a big break for me as my application was GF->Mom->me and my GF's death certificate had his last name off by one letter. It would have required a court order to change the name.
When you apply for your passports, you can do it all by mail as long as you enclose a photocopy of your Italian Citizenship letter from the Miami Consulate. This saves the second trip and hotel to Miami and is money that can be spent on the first trip using the Italian passport.
Hope this helps


