Hi this is just an FYI to everyone. I made the mistake of applying for a free 5 day trail of web detective for a mere $2.95. When i was billed the $2.95 I was also billed an extra $2.95 from the company that takes care of the billing for them.
Thats not all. I cancelled my free trail the exact same day I opened it. Got my Authorization # and everything. Do you know they still charged me the $37.00 for no reason at all. To make matters worse, I was then charged $37.00 from guess who......their billing company ECW.
For the past day I have been trying to get intouch with them through their own emails ( support teams , and Canellation of the free trial email addresses) NO LUCK. All the phone #s are Automated as well.
So please please please learn from my mistake of $74.00. Dont use WEB DETECTIVE.
THEY ARE CRIMINALS
Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
- peterjschroeder
- Newbie

- Posts: 24
- Joined: 10 Dec 2008, 04:44
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya Web Detective, Net Detective and the like are all scams.
- Romano1970
- Master

- Posts: 502
- Joined: 30 Apr 2008, 00:54
- Location: Colorado
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peter you should have seen me. I was as red as a tomato.
Michael Romano
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Chi va piano va sano e va lontano
Those who go slowly, go safely and go far
Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry this happened to you but thanks for sharing your experience with us. Is there a way you can report the site to your internet provider?
- juanminbar
- Veteran

- Posts: 208
- Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hello micheal, if you paid with a credit card i would contest the charges. you have an excellent case and chances of getting all the charges reversed are pretty good save the first one.
good luck, john
good luck, john
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John makes a good point. I do know from past experience that the fraud departments of the credit card companies sometimes get involved in these types of disputes and check out the websites to see how legitimate they really are. I had a problem last Spring and I was contacted by the fraud department with in an hour and was given a full reversal of my charges so it definitely is something to consider.juanminbar wrote:hello micheal, if you paid with a credit card i would contest the charges. you have an excellent case and chances of getting all the charges reversed are pretty good save the first one.
good luck, john
- juanminbar
- Veteran

- Posts: 208
- Joined: 27 Dec 2003, 00:00
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi micheal, with your permission i would like to repeat your story as written.
please advise.
john
please advise.
john
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would contest the charge as juanminbar suggested. In my case I had a problem a couple of years ago with my virus protection service and was speaking to a techie in the Philippines who lured me with "any moment and we will be thru line" and the charges mounted up to about $75.00 for excess minutes used. I had charged the service to my credit card and vehemently protested that I was seduced into prolonging my call by the reassuring words of the techie. My credit card company went back to the Philippines and asked the manager inthe phillipines to call me at my home at my request which he did. I told my story he reassured me that I would receive the credit for the entire call which I did since they had all the timerecords of the call.
Moral of the story is to mug the mugger! =Peter=
Moral of the story is to mug the mugger! =Peter=
Re: Web Detective DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sadly,its too easy to get scammed.

