My grandfather's name was Vincenzo Nicola Posca. He came from Isca Sullo Ionio, and was born 1895. I am having a lot of trouble finding any history beyond him, or when he came to the states. His father's name was Bruno, and mother was the former Paola Christiano. He ended up like a lot of immigrants from Isca, settling in Shamokin, PA. As far as I know, the family name is still on about 45 acres in the Isca area.
Please help.
Rick Pasco (Posca)
Yeah, immigration changed the vowels around.
family estate
Re: family estate
Hi Rick,
Welcome to the Forum!
Valarie
Italian White Pages
Cognome o nome Azienda = Surname
Dove = Location (optional)
Click on red button Cerca
LDS Family Search Letter Writing Guide
Form Letter to a Possible Relative
If you would like to write your own letter - post it on the forum for some
translation assistance. (under Italian language, handwriting , script & translations)
Welcome to the Forum!
Valarie
This may help you locate family currently living in Italy.As far as I know, the family name is still on about 45 acres in the Isca area
Italian White Pages
Cognome o nome Azienda = Surname
Dove = Location (optional)
Click on red button Cerca
LDS Family Search Letter Writing Guide
Form Letter to a Possible Relative
If you would like to write your own letter - post it on the forum for some
translation assistance. (under Italian language, handwriting , script & translations)
Re: family estate
possible 1913 manifestrico636 wrote:...when he came to the states
page 2
26 Aug 1913 SS Europa, Napoli to NY
Nicola V Posza 18
- single
- blacksmith
- mother Cristiana
- destination Shamokin, PA
Re: family estate
Rick,rico636 wrote:My grandfather's name was Vincenzo Nicola Posca.
He came from Isca Sullo Ionio, and was born 1895.
I am having a lot of trouble finding any history beyond him,
or when he came to the states.
For your family’s records in Italy
Valarie
---
Italian records:
Your nearest Family History Center has records for Isca sullo Jónio on microfilm.
The cost is about $6 mo (rent), you’ll need to go to the center to order & view them.
Family History Library Catalog:
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp
Film Notes
Topic
Italy, Catanzaro, Isca sullo Jónio
Civil registration
Titles
Registri dello stato civile, 1809-1910
Isca sullo Jónio (Catanzaro)
Ufficio dello stato civile
---
In case you aren’t familiar with the Famly History Center & Italian records
FamilySearch Home Page
Includes how to find your nearest local Family History Center
A helpful essay written by Trish, one of our forum members:
Steps for Finding Microfilm at the Family History Center
---
Italian Record Research from the FamilySearch research guides:
Italy Research Outline
---
Three terrific books
to help you find, read & understand your records:
Italian Genealogical Records
How to Use Italian Civil, Ecclesiastical, &
Other Records in Family History Research
By Tafford R Cole
google book link
A Genealogist’s Guide to
Discovering Your Italian Ancestors
How to find and record your unique heritage
By Lynn Nelson
google book link
Finding Italian Roots
By John Philip Colletta, PhD
google book link
Re: family estate
VJ, I just started researching the information you gave. The first thing I did was look at the ships manifest. Teras rolled down my face, as I saw for the first time, my grandfather's immigration to the states. Thank you so much. I will continue my research, with the other links you gave to me. Thank you, thank you. Rick
Re: family estate
Hello Rick
!
You're very welcome!
I'm so glad we could find your grandfather's record for you.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.
Valarie
You're very welcome!
I'm so glad we could find your grandfather's record for you.
Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.
Valarie
Re: family estate
Hi I'm Shellie I don't know much about my family my dad passed away a few years ago and his mom a few years before him and I guess it was maybe 20 years ago that my grandfather passed away
My grandfather told us of his parents or him I belive I was like 10 comming from Italy thru Ellis Island then they moved to California. But we didn't live near family dad was a truck driver we settled in Wyoming then I married a military man so I don't know a lot
But I'm commenting on this because just like you they where Posca changed to Pasco. I'm trying to find any family that I may have I have never had a since of belonging to a family.since dad was always gone on the road and it was a 2 day drive to the closest relatives I just want to know who I am.
My grandfather told us of his parents or him I belive I was like 10 comming from Italy thru Ellis Island then they moved to California. But we didn't live near family dad was a truck driver we settled in Wyoming then I married a military man so I don't know a lot
But I'm commenting on this because just like you they where Posca changed to Pasco. I'm trying to find any family that I may have I have never had a since of belonging to a family.since dad was always gone on the road and it was a 2 day drive to the closest relatives I just want to know who I am.

