I am hoping to find my family. My great grandfather, Luigi Calderoni arrived in USA in 1911. He was born around 1875 was married to Maria Calderoni. He was born in Italy, the only document I have seen says the town was Nologrio, but I think it was translated wrong. He was living in Lodrino Switzerland with his wife and nine children. 2 of those children came to America also, one of which was my grandfather. The only childrens names that I know of are Luigi Calderoni (my great uncle), Carlo Calderoni (my grandfather) and Carmela, who remained in Switzerland.
Because my grandparents where born in Switzerland but held Italian Passports, I dont know which country to contact for more info.
Any ideas or help would be wonderful
Thank you
Catherine
calderoni search
-
Christofer-P
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 12 Jun 2011, 16:52
Re: calderoni search
Hi,
What I know you have an relative in Bellinzona, Switzerland, near to Lugano and his name is Luigi Calderoni, born what I remember april 23 1950. Do you know him?
Best Regards
Christofer
What I know you have an relative in Bellinzona, Switzerland, near to Lugano and his name is Luigi Calderoni, born what I remember april 23 1950. Do you know him?
Best Regards
Christofer
Re: calderoni search
sigel7 wrote:I am hoping to find my family. My great grandfather, Luigi Calderoni arrived in USA in 1911. He was born around 1875 was married to Maria Calderoni. He was born in Italy, the only document I have seen says the town was Nologrio, but I think it was translated wrong. He was living in Lodrino Switzerland with his wife and nine children. 2 of those children came to America also, one of which was my grandfather. The only childrens names that I know of are Luigi Calderoni (my great uncle), Carlo Calderoni (my grandfather) and Carmela, who remained in Switzerland.
Because my grandparents where born in Switzerland but held Italian Passports, I dont know which country to contact for more info.
Any ideas or help would be wonderful
Thank you
Catherine
Catherine,
if this is the arrival manifest you're referring to:
28 january 1911
Calderoni Luigi, age 36, married, last residence Lodrino, leaving there his wife Calderoni, going to San Luis Obispo CA to join his friend Bolzani. Place of birth is listed as Mologno
page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0015
page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0015
Mologno is since 1927 the town of Casazza, Bergamo Province, Lombardia region.
Do this name light something?
Laura
Re: calderoni search
Yes, thank you. I have been able to get the family records from Casazza. I am currently trying to learn Italian so I can go further back in my search.
Looking for Calderoni

