Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by jsybalsky »

Is there anyone near Primaluna that can go to a parish and get me copies of some records and search for Malugani records?

I am disabled and live in the California, USA so I can't do this myself.

Thank you
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by wldspirit »

If you are interested, we can provide instruction on how to make a request by correspondence.
wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by jsybalsky »

I have already made a request and the priest confirmed my great grandfathers baptism said someone needs to make an appointment and go through the records and make the copies.

I also got some separate documents from the Comunal Administration of Primaluna.

I just need someone that can do to the parish in Primaluna and do a search and copy/scan of all Malugani records they have.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by wldspirit »

I do not know of anyone specific to that area, however I would send a private message to the following members who may be able to provide you with someone specific:

Suanj
Italysearcher
Ricbru

You can locate them under members list to the left of the screen under main menu.
wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by jsybalsky »

All 3 said they could not help and did not know of anyone to refer me to.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by wldspirit »

Then your next step would be to locate a professional genealogist.

However, and this may or may not work, you could contact the local parish/parishes and ask if there is someone available for hire, a nephew, cousin, a trustworthy parishioner who may be available to consult records on your behalf.

wldspirit
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by jsybalsky »

So far that hasn't yielded anything. Still looking for someone that can go to a parish and get me copies of some records and search for Malugani records
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

Since Primaluna is in Lombardia perhaps that fellow Paul Schmidt who does Central europe under Ms Kirkpatrick's auspices can loop down from Ticino and do that service for you too? =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by jsybalsky »

I will check and see but I won't be surprise that he will want way to much $ to travel out of their way. Spending $650 to have someone copy one record and no research is way out of line...that's the pricing I have found for a researcher in Southern Italy to make the trip to Northern Italy. All other researchers I have contacted in Italy have said nope can't help, don't know anyone who can.

It is pretty frustrating to say the least.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

I advised you about Paul Schmidt who works under my friends auspices under www.gentracer.com who does genealogy research in central europe (Germany) and who would likely be able to go to Ticino inSwitzerland for you as well as dip down into Lombardi a for the Primaluna assignment

I do not know what the charges would be but what I do know is that from past experience she is a very fair person. You can only know by asking.

Asking one person to do two assingments can often be advantageous if he is willing to accept your assignment thru my friend. =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by jsybalsky »

As I stated prior (on the other topic posting), I will contact them (Paul/Gentracer) asking. I just went through at least 10 emails I sent to various researchers and those that replied said nope can't help, don't know anyone who can.
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

Success is just around the corner as it were!! Please keepme posted. =Peter=
~Peter~
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

Success is nearer than we think. Be positive. Please keep me posted. =Peter=
~Peter~
User avatar
jsybalsky
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 25
Joined: 19 Mar 2009, 16:17

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by jsybalsky »

Dead end with Paul A. Schmidt--he doesn't seem to go to Italy or Switzerland he sent "only records we have here at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City"
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Malugani Family-Primaluna, Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

Has Kirkpatrick contacted you yet? =Peter=
~Peter~
Post Reply