Italian military records
Italian military records
I have a new request for information, on how to find or access via internet archived Italian military records. My grandfather, Giuseppe Farruggia, was a corporal in the Italian army during World War I. He was wounded in battle and awarded the Italian equivalent of the American Purple Heart, but the award was granted several years after the war and after he had emigrated to the United States. It was supposedly given to one of his brothers, who never sent it to him. I'm not concerned about the medal, actually, as much as finding any official records that might verify this story. Thanks in advance for any help anyone might be able to give.
Re: Italian military records
You have to ask the "foglio matricolare" to the Archivio di Stato of the province where your grandfather was born. Inside the "folgio matricolare" are reported all about the military life of a soldier, even the awards and the motivation about them.
Re: Italian military records
Grazie, Wishyou! I will check this out.
Re: Italian military records
Wishyou,
Is this available on line or must I write to the Archivi di Stato di Agrigento? Their Web site seems to have only an index of what is in their archives, but no links to them.
Is this available on line or must I write to the Archivi di Stato di Agrigento? Their Web site seems to have only an index of what is in their archives, but no links to them.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Italian military records
You have to write...
Re: Italian military records
Grazie, liviomoreno....

