My name is Garrett, and I live in the US. My Grandmother came to the United States from Southern Italy as a young woman. Her name is Grace (Grazia) and her maiden (surname) is Vitali.
She was born in Moliterno - Potenza on January 12, 1927. Her Father was Pasquale Vitali - born March 17, 1895.
She had two brothers who are both dead. They had no sons. I am trying to find other members of the Vitali family from this region.
Please help me. Thank you so much.
You may contact me by email or phone. My email is garrettr@panhandlebank.com or netzarim_talmidim@yahoo.com
My phone number in the US is Area code 208 - 267-6891
You may also reach me by regular mail at:
Garrett Roush
P.O. Box 553
Moyie Springs, ID
83845 USA
Of course you may also reply to this post. I will check back.
Thank you so much!
Garrett-
Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
Re: Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza
Also, I would be interested in tracing my Geneology back from Pasquale Vitali. I am only interested in the Vitali (male) line at this time.
If anyone could tell me who Pasquale Vitali's father was, and if his father had a brother who had any sons.. and if those sons had sons and if there is any male offspring with the Vitali name alive today.
The reason for this is because I am trying to trace the Vitali family line by DNA. The Y-Chromosome is only passed down by males, so females will not work. I am hoping to find a male Vitali family member (from my lineage) who would be willing to do a cheek swab DNA test (I will pay for it).
Thank you again!
Garrett-
If anyone could tell me who Pasquale Vitali's father was, and if his father had a brother who had any sons.. and if those sons had sons and if there is any male offspring with the Vitali name alive today.
The reason for this is because I am trying to trace the Vitali family line by DNA. The Y-Chromosome is only passed down by males, so females will not work. I am hoping to find a male Vitali family member (from my lineage) who would be willing to do a cheek swab DNA test (I will pay for it).
Thank you again!
Garrett-
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza
Dear Garret_James since this apparently is an early foray into Italian genealogy for you it might be a good idea to go to the following website
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html on How to do your own Italian Genealogy Research since this will enable you to ask our assitance fromthe vantage point of knowing what makes for progress in your family genelaogy research.
We are here to assist you at the drop of a hat. Language is no problem since form letters are available in Italian and most requests to Italy for documents and certificates in the town of origin in Italy for your family are free of charge. Go to this website on Italian records which will over time fit into your knowledge base. www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html
=Peter=
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html on How to do your own Italian Genealogy Research since this will enable you to ask our assitance fromthe vantage point of knowing what makes for progress in your family genelaogy research.
We are here to assist you at the drop of a hat. Language is no problem since form letters are available in Italian and most requests to Italy for documents and certificates in the town of origin in Italy for your family are free of charge. Go to this website on Italian records which will over time fit into your knowledge base. www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html
=Peter=
~Peter~
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
Re: Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza
Thank you so m,uch Peter. Yes, I am very new at this, and unfortunately I cannot read nor speak the language.
I will do as you advise and return with questions as they come up.
Peace to you my friend.
Garrett-
I will do as you advise and return with questions as they come up.
Peace to you my friend.
Garrett-
- Marcio_Vitale
- Newbie

- Posts: 4
- Joined: 19 Sep 2009, 13:09
- Location: Campinas - SP
- Contact:
Re: Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza
Hi James,
The whole story about 'maping' a family thru DNA anlys cought me by surprise. I never thought about that. It's really astonishing! Well, if you
want to try Italo-Brazilian's vitales... I have lots of them here.
Be welcome.
Marcio Vitale
( http://www.myheritage.com.br/site-44109 ... e-web-site )
The whole story about 'maping' a family thru DNA anlys cought me by surprise. I never thought about that. It's really astonishing! Well, if you
want to try Italo-Brazilian's vitales... I have lots of them here.
Be welcome.
Marcio Vitale
( http://www.myheritage.com.br/site-44109 ... e-web-site )
Ogni luogo è patria mia perché da ogni luogo
si può vedere il cielo (Seneca).
si può vedere il cielo (Seneca).
Re: Searching for Vitali Family of Milterno - Potenza
you can search abt Vitali civil records by Mormon's microfilms:garrett_james wrote:Also, I would be interested in tracing my Geneology back from Pasquale Vitali. I am only interested in the Vitali (male) line at this time.
If anyone could tell me who Pasquale Vitali's father was, and if his father had a brother who had any sons.. and if those sons had sons and if there is any male offspring with the Vitali name alive today.
The reason for this is because I am trying to trace the Vitali family line by DNA. The Y-Chromosome is only passed down by males, so females will not work. I am hoping to find a male Vitali family member (from my lineage) who would be willing to do a cheek swab DNA test (I will pay for it).
Thank you again!
Garrett-
Topic Italy, Potenza, Moliterno - Civil registration
Titles Registri dello stato civile di Molterno (Potenza), 1809-1910 Moliterno (Potenza). Ufficio dello stato civile
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
