My name is Garrett, and I live in the US. My Grandmother came to the United States from Southern Italy as a young woman. Her name is Grace (Grazia) and her maiden (surname) is Vitale.
She was born in Moliterno - Potenza on January 12, 1927. Her Father was Pasquale Vitale - born March 17, 1895 in San Martino (passed away in 1988). Pasquale Vitale is the son of Achille Vitale
She had two brothers who are both dead. They had no sons. I am trying to find other members of the Vitale family from this region.
Please help me. Thank you so much.
You may contact me by email or phone. My email is garrettr @ panhandlebank.com
My phone number in the US is Area code 208 - 267-6891
You may also reach me by regular mail at:
Garrett Roush
P.O. Box 553
Moyie Springs, ID
83845 USA
Of course you may also reply to this post. I will check back.
Thank you so much!
Garrett-
Searching for Vitale of Moliterno and San Martino - Potenza
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
Re: Searching for Vitale of Moliterno and San Martino - Pote
Garrett,
Do you have all the American records you need? (Ex. ship's manifests, censuus records?) Are you looking just for Italian records? If so, the Family History Center has records. Here is the link
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
If you need further help, let us know.
Do you have all the American records you need? (Ex. ship's manifests, censuus records?) Are you looking just for Italian records? If so, the Family History Center has records. Here is the link
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0
If you need further help, let us know.
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
Re: Searching for Vitale of Moliterno and San Martino - Pote
Thank you for the help. Actually I am just looking for Italian records as my grandmother is the only one from the family who chose to live in the US.
THe link you provided shows film for marriages, death etc...but how do I go about looking at the films?
Sorry for all of the questions as I an very new to all of this.
Thank you so much for the help!
THe link you provided shows film for marriages, death etc...but how do I go about looking at the films?
Sorry for all of the questions as I an very new to all of this.
Thank you so much for the help!
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Searching for Vitale of Moliterno and San Martino - Pote
Go to www.familysearch.org for Mormon family history library nearest your home and rent out micorfilm records Misbris pointed you out to. They cost abiout $5.00 to rent and when the micorfilm for the town of origin you ordered bruing along a companion book for the films titled Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson but since the records are handwirtten in Italian bring along a magnifying glass to help you rea dthe names and dates. =Peter=
~Peter~
- garrett_james
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 16:55
Re: Searching for Vitale of Moliterno and San Martino - Pote
I will do this. Thank you both so much!