Cacciotti Surname
Re: Cacciotti Surname
1928 manifest for Santa D'Alu Cacciotto and son Giuseppe, lines 6 and 7
Arrival Date: 2 Nov 1928
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Roma
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Santa born about 1899
Giuseppe born about 1923
Last residence and place of birth: Aidone
Destination: Brooklyn NY to join husband/father Angelo at 119 Navy St
Nearest relative in Italy: mother/grandmother Gaetana
Page 1
Page 2
Biff
Arrival Date: 2 Nov 1928
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Roma
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Santa born about 1899
Giuseppe born about 1923
Last residence and place of birth: Aidone
Destination: Brooklyn NY to join husband/father Angelo at 119 Navy St
Nearest relative in Italy: mother/grandmother Gaetana
Page 1
Page 2
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Cacciotti Surname
So Giuseppa was Laura/Santa Sister!
I believe the right lastname for Gaetana (Laura and Giuseppa's mother) was Gugliara (same of the man of the photo) because I found the first arrival manifest for Giuseppa (with her daughter Bellino Maria) and she stated her mother's name as Gaetana Gugliara
page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0005
page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0005
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
You guys have been so helpful.
I know Laura had a sister named Josephine but I could not find any
information for her.
I know Josephine married a Bellino and had a son
named Frank "Frankie Hearts" Bellino had ties Lucchese crime family.
Thank You,
Vicki
I know Laura had a sister named Josephine but I could not find any
information for her.
I know Josephine married a Bellino and had a son
named Frank "Frankie Hearts" Bellino had ties Lucchese crime family.
Thank You,
Vicki
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
I have her death certificate and it only shows
her father's name on it.
I was wondering who the mother was and what happened to her.
Thank You so much for your help.
Vicki
her father's name on it.
I was wondering who the mother was and what happened to her.
Thank You so much for your help.
Vicki
Re: Cacciotti Surname
here is 1920 census for John Bellino and family, living at 119 Navy street:Biff83 wrote:1928 manifest for Santa D'Alu Cacciotto and son Giuseppe, lines 6 and 7
Arrival Date: 2 Nov 1928
Port of Departure: Naples, Italy
Ethnicity/RaceÂ/Nationality: Italian (South) (Italian)
Ship Name: Roma
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Santa born about 1899
Giuseppe born about 1923
Last residence and place of birth: Aidone
Destination: Brooklyn NY to join husband/father Angelo at 119 Navy St
Nearest relative in Italy: mother/grandmother Gaetana
1920 United States Federal Census
about John Baleno
Name: John Baleno
Home in 1920: Brooklyn Assembly District 4, Kings, New York
Age: 54 years
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1866
[abt 1886]
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Spouse's Name: Josephine
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Sex: Male
Home owned: Rent
Year of Immigration: 1913
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 72
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
John Baleno 54
Josephine Baleno 23
Mary Baleno 7
Annette Baleno 5
Frank Baleno 3
Ermina Tempie Baleno 1/12
image:
[img=http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3885/b ... sus.th.jpg]
Laura
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
Thanks Laura your so helpful
Vicki
Vicki
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
I just found out that Laura D'Alu family gave her up
as child and she went into a convent.
She was born in 1899.
I also found out that is how she met Angelo Cacciotti.
He would come by the convent riding a donkey with a cart waving at her.
How do I find information for convents in Aidone?
Vicki
as child and she went into a convent.
She was born in 1899.
I also found out that is how she met Angelo Cacciotti.
He would come by the convent riding a donkey with a cart waving at her.
How do I find information for convents in Aidone?
Vicki
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
Does anybody know the name of this convent?
I believe the location is Aidone.
Thank You,
Vicki
I believe the location is Aidone.
Thank You,
Vicki
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
Does anyone know what the headstone's say?
link to pics taken down
Thank You,
Vicki
link to pics taken down
Thank You,
Vicki
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Cacciotti Surname
http://filmva.org/lucia_gugliara.html
Caciotto Lucia
married Gugliara
exemplary spouse and mother
with noble virtues
b. Dec 17, 1879 d. Apr 3,1945
http://filmva.org/gugliara.html
Gugliara Gaetana
daughter of the late Vincenzo
b. May 8 1875 d. Nov 27, 1953
her children placed
Caciotto Lucia
married Gugliara
exemplary spouse and mother
with noble virtues
b. Dec 17, 1879 d. Apr 3,1945
http://filmva.org/gugliara.html
Gugliara Gaetana
daughter of the late Vincenzo
b. May 8 1875 d. Nov 27, 1953
her children placed
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Cacciotti Surname
This is the convent of San Domenicovcacciotti wrote:Does anybody know the name of this convent?
I believe the location is Aidone.
http://filmva.org/convent.html
Thank You,
Vicki
In Aidone there is also the Cappuccini Convent:

- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
Thank You So much
Vicki
Vicki
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for reading
a scanned document from Family Research Center saved as a pdf that looks
pretty bad.
Is there any suggestions on how to improve the look of the pdf?
There are alot of speckles.
Thank You,
Vicki
a scanned document from Family Research Center saved as a pdf that looks
pretty bad.
Is there any suggestions on how to improve the look of the pdf?
There are alot of speckles.
Thank You,
Vicki
- vcacciotti
- Newbie

- Posts: 19
- Joined: 25 Apr 2009, 22:38
Re: Cacciotti Surname
Will I guest nobody knows anything?
Thanks
Vicki
Thanks
Vicki